LegacyGT.com

MP3 Audio Quality

lejjasie

Some prepurchase questions - Search didn't answer these

How is the audio quality with the MP3 on the 2008 GT?

The MP3 capability on the head unit - is it limited in any ways than the after market head units? e.g. Does the display show the track/artist/folder name etc etc.

Also does the IPOD charge when plugged into the car - aux input?

Thanks!

Gary

The MP3 capability on the head unit - is it limited in any ways than the after market head units? e.g. Does the display show the track/artist/folder name etc etc.

I don't have an '08 so I can't say for sure. But I'd say no for both questions. I think the 07-08 radio displays only 10 or 12 characters (if memory serves me correctly....it was posted on here somewhere).

Thanks!

Gary

From what I understand, the Aux port on the 07 and 08 models will give enhanced audio performance because of the SRS Wow, but the audio output is not as good as can be found in the aftermarket. The Aux in feeds off the headphone jack on an MP3 player.

If you want an enhanced iPod capability with the factory head unit, this post might be helpful to you.

Thanks!

Gary

The one time I played with the MP3 capability on my 07, the audio quality was fine. Only issue was that I couldnt get the player to read ID3 tags. I could only get it to display file and folder names. Additionally, the display would cut the filename off at ~10 chars and I couldnt figure out how to make it scroll... Both of these things could have been operator error, because I didnt spend more than 5 mins on the controls.

The aux in does not charge my ipod, but they do have a cigarette lighter right next to it in the arm rest that you could use to hook up an external charger.

Archived