LegacyGT.com

Simple spec B question

What is the proper emblem for the back of the Legacy spec b? I test drove a legacy today that said "Legacy GT Limited" not spec b.

The other spec B's i have seen have said just "spec B" on the trunk. I think there could be a possibility the previous owner got rearended or backed into something and just replaced the whole trunk with a legacy gt trunk. Althought the carfax checks out ok.

Guest Gitster

It should say Spec. B right below the Legacy GT ebmblem on the right side fo the trunk.

I dont think there is such thing as a Limited badge :confused:

2006 Silver Legacy Spec B, trunk badge said " Legacy GT" now I dont remember if it said limited on it, I believe it did though.

The other Spec b i drove a few days ago was the exact same year and color and that one said, "Spec B" on the trunk.

So which one is right?

Those wheels indicated that you have indeed driven a Spec B. :)

Yes I know it was a real spec b, all Im asking is if the trunk emblem is correct. Should it say spec B? Like I said I drove two exact same year and color spec B's one said "spec b", this one said "Legacy GT". There was also a 07 Spec B in grey sitting next to this one, that said "spec b" on the trunk.

Guest Gitster
Yes I know it was a real spec b, all Im asking is if the trunk emblem is correct. Should it say spec B? Like I said I drove two exact same year and color spec B's one said "spec b", this one said "Legacy GT". There was also a 07 Spec B in grey sitting next to this one, that said "spec b" on the trunk.

A 2006 just says LEGACY 2.5 GT.

The only space it says SPEC B is on the console number plaque.

Anyway, that is the way mine was before it was debadged.

I have an 07 Spec.B and it didn't have a Legacy GT badge on it, just "Legacy" and Spec.B.

Since so many of us debadge our cars, it is possible that the original owner did that too, and the used car salespeople labelled it incorrectly. That's a possible solution without involving your car in a rear end collision.

Guest Gitster
No, fishing line works. To remove. Then use a product like "Goo Gone" to remove the excess adhesive form the paint.

Archived