LegacyGT.com

24.9k for 08' LGT??

Bbc84

I'm still waiting for about 8 more dealers to get back to me. There was one dealer that stated in email he will beat anyones price by a minimum of 500 dollars, and give FREE 3yr paint Autogaurd paint protection valued $569. So Ill be looking at $24,495 if they hold up their price match policy, I want to see if they can take off that 3yr paint protection and give me some of the 569 dollar value they are givving me.

It seems too easy to get the prices so low, I feel like their still gonna screw me over some how. Probably through financing. Also for options, its probably cheaper if I buy them later and install them myself right? Im looking at mainly the Miror w/ homelink, or maybe just the sunvisor with homelink.

That's a good price. Where are you located?

They'd probably try and screw you on a trade in, if you have one.

Im in suburbs of Chicago, not gonna have a trade in, just gonna be financing it so thats probably where they are gonna try to screw me over in. Anyone got tips on how not to get screwed on financing?

I got my Bronze LGT 08 for 26800 in May and its auto with VDC. Has the silver rocker trim which looks cool. Might have a sub-woofer.. Not certain but it sounds like it and the sales guy claimed it had one.. He wasn't to bright though.

Im in suburbs of Chicago, not gonna have a trade in, just gonna be financing it so thats probably where they are gonna try to screw me over in. Anyone got tips on how not to get screwed on financing?

Yes. READ EVERYTHING, three times! Agree to a price and make them stick to it. Read ALL the fine print. Don't let them slide in a few extra months onto your purchase agreement/loan.

i tried to get the dealer that says they do pricematching to match the lowest competitor and beat it by a min of 500 like their policy states.

They told me I need to go to that dealer that gave me the low price, have them put the quote in writing and sign it, and then want me to bring it back to their dealer so they can give me a better deal. They called my quote from the lowest dealer "skeptical"

i tried to get the dealer that says they do pricematching to match the lowest competitor and beat it by a min of 500 like their policy states.

They told me I need to go to that dealer that gave me the low price, have them put the quote in writing and sign it, and then want me to bring it back to their dealer so they can give me a better deal. They called my quote from the lowest dealer "skeptical"

So they want you to jump through some hoops to get the $500, eh? Don't give them your business; that would piss me off and I would go to the other dealer that already gave you a decent price.

What next; "Prove to me that it's covered by your warranty!"

The way to prove that you are being offered "the price" you're being offered is to take your business elsewhere. ;)

they are basically calling you a liar.

Walk out

/thread.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Walk out

/thread.

Yeah thats what I was thinking the minute I was reading their email. So Ill probably just work with the dealer that gave me the lowest price to see if they can give me slightly better. but i think 24,995 before tax and everything seems to be a good price.

Walk out

/thread.

At my dealership we have a price match/beat policy.

If it's something where we're a bit under invoice, normally not going to ask for it in writing (usually an email suffices anyway). (depends on the car, too.. an impreza 2.5i has a lot less holdback than a 7 pass tribeca).

If the customer comes back and says 2000 below invoice, that's when we ask for it in writing because we know it isn't legit... :lol: I know what my competitors are doing.

That doesn't neccesarily apply to your situation though, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

It's possible the dealership with the low price quote was offering you a demo car or thought you were going to accept a really low offer for you trade in, etc..

edit: just looked up pricing on the 08 leg gt... if you came to my dealership with that quote I'd be skeptical too. base invoice w/ dest + delivery and no options is $27,083. there is a $750 rebate in the NW you can take which, if the car was selling at invoice, would only get you to $26,333. $1338 under invoice to get you to 24,995. That is pretty crazy, there is not nearly that much holdback on the car so if you take the 24,995 the dealership is losing a good amount of money to sell you that car FYI so I would watch out to see where they are planning on making it back ;) I think i'd get in pretty hot water if I posted what holdback was here but that is absolutely a money losing deal, assuming no trade in and paying cash or financing through a 3rd party.

At my dealership we have a price match/beat policy.

If it's something where we're a bit under invoice, normally not going to ask for it in writing (usually an email suffices anyway). (depends on the car, too.. an impreza 2.5i has a lot less holdback than a 7 pass tribeca).

If the customer comes back and says 2000 below invoice, that's when we ask for it in writing because we know it isn't legit... :lol: I know what my competitors are doing.

That doesn't neccesarily apply to your situation though, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

It's possible the dealership with the low price quote was offering you a demo car or thought you were going to accept a really low offer for you trade in, etc..

edit: just looked up pricing on the 08 leg gt... if you came to my dealership with that quote I'd be skeptical too. base invoice w/ dest + delivery and no options is $27,083. there is a $750 rebate in the NW you can take which, if the car was selling at invoice, would only get you to $26,333. $1338 under invoice to get you to 24,995. That is pretty crazy, there is not nearly that much holdback on the car so if you take the 24,995 the dealership is losing a good amount of money to sell you that car FYI so I would watch out to see where they are planning on making it back ;) I think i'd get in pretty hot water if I posted what holdback was here but that is absolutely a money losing deal, assuming no trade in and paying cash or financing through a 3rd party.

Thanks, all that info helped, Im working with 2 dealers right now, one is 24,995 with the 750 rebate. The other is 25,138 with rebate. Since Ill be taking the dealer finance rates Ill be looking at 25,745 and 25,888 at respecitively. Im going in today to see if I can get a Costco or Sam's Club discount or use a free $300 dollar gas card coupon that was sent to my friend. The card has his name on it, but no where on it says non transferable, just says to use it must buy any New 07/08 Subaru before 8/31/07

EDIT: After you said they might try to make some money back somewhere else, I went back and read the email quotes I recieved very carefully. Both of the quotes are without the Destination Delivery Fee, which I think is 645 dollars according to SOA.com. So its really $25,640 or $25,783 with the 750 rebate at each dealer. Or with Dealer Financing itll be $26,285 or $26,433, So I'm really getting about 800 off your stated invoice :( Maybe I'm not getting that good of a deal anymore, and I was so happy before thinking I'm getting some great quotes. Now I really want to make sure they give me the gas card or a special discount from having a Sams/Coscto membership.

Well I placed a deposit down for a White LGT 5mt this morning, also spoke with Zach (eastsidesubaru) on AIM about my deal, and he was very helpful. Lots of good info about prices and how a dealer works. From what Ive been told it seems that I got a good deal, and Im definatly happy. Now I just got to wait for the car to be built at the factory :(

Archived