LegacyGT.com

08 clock display w/nav

Throttlejockey

you will have to go into the navigation settings and tell it you want to display it. I Think you get the option to show temp and date too assuming it is the same as previous navigation units.

How do you like the 3.0 compared too your old turbo?

Heres the scoop on the 08 2.5 GT with Nav. (not sure about 3.0)

I went to the dealer cause the time on the instrument cluster would not display. It took about 30 minutes to figure out. The manual states that the instrument cluster gets its time from the Nav. This is untrue. In order to set the time on the instrument cluster you must turn your key to the ON position (Dont start the car) and hold down the SET button on the steering wheel until the menu options on the instrument cluster show up. You should then be able to figure out how to set the time from there. The only downside ( for me anyway) is the fact that its in military time and there doesnt seem to be a way to change it.

I went to the dealer cause the time on the instrument cluster would not display. It took about 30 minutes to figure out. The manual states that the instrument cluster gets its time from the Nav. This is untrue. In order to set the time on the instrument cluster you must turn your key to the ON position (Dont start the car) and hold down the SET button on the steering wheel until the menu options on the instrument cluster show up. You should then be able to figure out how to set the time from there. The only downside ( for me anyway) is the fact that its in military time and there doesnt seem to be a way to change it.

Thanks for the info! I'll try it tonight when my wife gets home.

How do you like the 3.0 compared too your old turbo?

Quite a bit different, still adjusting to the torque difference. It does pull longer where the GT flattened out quick.

I think it's pretty close in 0-60 times at least by feel. Handles and stops much better than the 05.

Messed with it tonight. I'm stuck on military time also. Was short for time so I didn't look any further.

The dealer is supposidly looking for a "fix" on the military time. I cant imagine you cant have a 12 hour clock in the display....A lot of people dont know how to convert, even though its easier than pie.

• 2 years later...
I figured mine out. The owners manual gave me enough info to figure it out. It does get the time from the nav, in a way. When I changed time zones on the nav or dst settings on the nav the cluster updates about 30 seconds later. Just keep messing with it and read the manual. Worked for me. It also explains how to use the cluster to show memos/reminders like birthdays and aniversaries. Kind of corney, but a feature.

Archived