LegacyGT.com

Coilover install.. did you replace your piston rod lock nuts?

t0ad

So I'm reading the instructions on my Tein Basics, and they specifically say in bold print not to reuse the nuts on the stock piston rods, and to get new ones. Did anyone else bother doing this? I just can't see the point in replacing a few nuts that have barely been exposed to the elements, if at all.

There's new nuts already on the the coilover... The instructions are not translated very well.

I love the side of the box that says "Performed by Tein" , makes me feel like I'm riding on a concerto...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

There's new nuts already on the the coilover... The instructions are not translated very well.

I love the side of the box that says "Performed by Tein" , makes me feel like I'm riding on a concerto...

:lol: gotta love engrish. I haven't actually gotten to look at them yet (though I see fedex just dropped them off a little while ago .. woot), so I'll see if they gave me new nuts. If not, meh. Looks like it's going to be a bitch torquing them down correctly though .. I bought the 17mm deep offset wrench, but I still can't get much bite on them. Guess I'll have to trim the tophats down a bit..

:lol: gotta love engrish. I haven't actually gotten to look at them yet (though I see fedex just dropped them off a little while ago .. woot), so I'll see if they gave me new nuts. If not, meh. Looks like it's going to be a bitch torquing them down correctly though .. I bought the 17mm deep offset wrench, but I still can't get much bite on them. Guess I'll have to trim the tophats down a bit..

Didn't have any problem torquing them down. The front is keyed in the seat, so it's easy. The back is not keyed, but you don't torque them as much iirc.. having a impact gun to get the tophats off the stock struts is key. The lower rear bolt is kinda tight, look at the walkthrough for the spring installs for tips on that one. Having a ratcheting box wrench helps on dropping/ install of the rear tower bolts, at least on the wagon where the interior trim is right on top of them.

Check to make sure your halfshafts don't slip out of the tranny while you got things apart...

Best of luck...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Archived