LegacyGT.com

Looking to upgrade: 2006 2.5i SE to 2008 GT (GTA/Buffalo)

lejjasie

I am thinking for upgrading my car from the 2.5i SE that i have to the GT from the 2008 lineup.

One of the biggest reasons i bought the car i have in the first place is to drive a brand new and keep it for a very long time. That's why i chose Subaru over Toyota and Honda which regardless of leack of AWD was obvious choice since they all have all the gadgetry and are very reliable.

However having chosen Subaru i feel that i have an option of moving to a slightly better car within the brand. Not that the one i have is bad. I really like it but i think for the amount of driving and the price i pay for it. I can really import one from the states and still pay the same payments.

I will be reading some pricing advice here and the importing sticky thread that seems to have a lot on the content.

For the time being my questions are:

1. Does anyone know a good dealer in the Buffalo area and has any recommendations?

2. Warranty policy changes aside, is there any other concerns with importing that i should be mindful of?

3. I plan to buy extended warranty - I haven't looked into the details. How does the roadside assistance going to work in Canada - post manufacturer warranty?

TIA,

Gary

Toronto

For the time being my questions are:

1. Does anyone know a good dealer in the Buffalo area and has any recommendations?

TIA,

Gary

Toronto

Van Bortel Subaru comes highly recommended. They are worth the extra hour drive to Rochester and I've seen posts on here from Canadians making the trip to them.

Good Luck!

The only one I can think of which is close to Buffalo and has a decent inventory is West Herr Subaru in Orchard Park. Orchard Park is about 20 minutes from Buffalo (take the I90 West to the 219 South). I'm not sure about their reputation but I know I've talked to a few people on this site who have bought through them.

Also try a Search for related threads on this forum - I know there have been a couple of threads discussing Canadians buying cars in the States that had advice and thngs you need to be careful with.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

How about NorthTown Subaru?

Last time I was at NorthTown Subaru they didn't have an GT's, but that also would be a good place to look. They are located on Sheridan Drive close to Williamsville.

How about NorthTown Subaru?

In Buffalo, I would recommend Northtown over West Herr. I've heard a few horror stories about WH and they just seem more like the typical used car salesmen...

Another good reference for you might be BuffaloScooby (registration required, I think). That is a local forum dedicated to all things Subaru. One of the Northtowns sales guys is a regular contributor on that forum. I've met him and he seems like a pretty good guy. He goes by the handle SI01 on that board.

Cheers

Archived