LegacyGT.com

Need advice - Ready to Purchase

myUsername

I'm ready to purchase an auto Subaru Legacy LGT. I've been looking at a local dealer's inventory online for the past 3 weeks. I noticed that the two colors that I want have been on the lot ever since I started looking. The silver has a spoiler, upgraded security, and auto/dim with homelink, while the white has the same options minus homelink. I was quoted online on the silver Leg for $29280 (MSRP $31106). If these two cars have been on the lot for close than a month (or more) and probably have 50 to 70 miles on them, how can I have the sales rep drop the price even more? How do I tell the sales rep to drop the price more because I know that the cars have been there for that long and that they have a lot of miles on them for a brand new car? How can I prove that I know they have been on the lot for that long? What about if the price stays the same, but I negotiate for a year's worth of maintenance service and all-weather mats? Also, does the quoted price include the destination charge? Please, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. DC! p.s. Mods, feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong section.

Well, I notice you are from sacramento. When I was searching for my wagon the online inventory for all the local dealers was always bogus. I don't know if they just didn't update it or what. You should be able to get at least within a few hundred of invoice. Good luck buying your car here in town. I had a terrible time and gave up after a month. I had very different sales people from all the dealers. Most will argue that 50-70 miles is still new and you won't be able to get one with fewer unless you order it. I don't think you need to prove that you know that it has been on the lot for a long time. Just be firm on the price you want and be prepared to walk away. They usually call you back from my experience especially if the car has been there for a while.

send all dealers in your area an email .. it may take a little searching, but usually you will find one on their site. if not, call and try to get an address. send them all the same email. specify EXACTLY what you want, color / options, etc.. tell them how much you want to pay ( $500 below invoice ) and tell them you're ready to buy and you are going to go to whoever offers the best price. you sould have no problem getting within $200 below or over invoice. once you find the dealer, call before you go in and have them go out and check the miles for you and make sure they are not just saying anything to get you in there. make sure there are no additional fees that are going to popup like ad fees. then go buy it =) good luck.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Definintely spend some time doing the e-mail thing. I e-mailed every dealer in New York State. Literally.It's a pain now because I still get about 4 e-mails a week saying "James, have we got a deal for you!", but at the time it got me a good deal.

Start with emails and be specific. Ask them please not to respond unless they have that particular car in stock or in transit and to provide a direct phone line so that you can talk to them about the car to confirm all of the details. As Jedimaster mentioned, expand your search outside your local driving distance just to ensure you have info coming in from all potential sources. Once you've gotten your replies, pick up the phone and and call the dealership that's giving you the "best" deal. Confirm that the car is available and ask them to hold the car for you and confirm when you'll be buy to purchase the car. Also, keep the info in this link [url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4816"]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4816[/url] in your back pocket. You're a ways from Irvine Subaru in SoCal but some have flown in from Oregon to pick their LGT because the deals are so good but you could always give Desiree (only her or Jeremy and Jeremy is on vacation until the 2nd) and see what kind of deal she can work for you. BTW read the whole thread as there's much information in it. This deal ends 30 November but I think they'll continue to offer great deals even if it's not at this level. Would be worth the drive or the airfare to save that much. I've got the price sheet for dealer costs so PM me if you want specifics on the model and accessories you're looking for. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived