LegacyGT.com

Radio Question..

derffred

Hey, I purchased an MP3 unit from eBay and upon receiving it found the antenna connector fell off the coaxial cable (I tried reconnecting it, but I still get terrible, if any, radio reception)... If I swap the entire board inside (where the coaxial cable solders to) from my Non-MP3 to my eBay MP3... will the actual MP3 feature still work?

Oh. Ha ha. And there I was searching through that whole thread looking for it. :lol: I don't see why you wouldn't have mp3 capability......but I can't guarantee anything as I'm no electrical engineer (or even any good with that stuff).

Hey Guys, Generally the tuner section of the radio is on a separate board from the MP3 circuitry, so you will not lose your MP3 capability if you are only replacing a portion, or the entirety, of the tuner section.

I've never pulled apart your LGT MY radio, however I have pulled apart numerous others over the years. If you post a pic of the offending circuit board (still wired and mounted in the deck, or not) I can give you a more definative answer. :)

Archived