LegacyGT.com

Moonroof stops halfway on one-touch close - can I change that?

kcarter116

I picked up my 2008 LGT a month ago, and the moonroof has been driving me crazy. I hit the one touch button to close it, and it stops halfway.

The manual says that it should stop halfway only if I am holding the close button.

Is there any way to get the moonroof to close with a one-touch feature?

I appreciate any input. Thanks.

It has a halfway close feature to decrease wind noise at higher speeds...

Geeze.. everyone has something to complain about :lol: If it closed all the way then we'd be complaining that there was no way to close it half way to reduce wind noise :lol:

That's not an acceptable answer, as you can manually stop it at whatever position you choose by hitting the button. It REALLY doesn't makes sense the way Subaru set it up, especially since it stops there when you are holding the button down.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I picked up my 2008 LGT a month ago, and the moonroof has been driving me crazy. I hit the one touch button to close it, and it stops halfway.

The manual says that it should stop halfway only if I am holding the close button.

Is there any way to get the moonroof to close with a one-touch feature?

I appreciate any input. Thanks.

You just need to hold it for like a second and then release and it will open all the way. I know this really isnt one touch but thats how it works for me.

I've found if you hold it down for about a second or two on close, it'll close all the way.

It could also be the fact that i'm holding it in the close position as its passing the 'stop' mark too. But regardless, it usually works for me.

I've found if you hold it down for about a second or two on close, it'll close all the way.

It could also be the fact that i'm holding it in the close position as its passing the 'stop' mark too. But regardless, it usually works for me.

Mine stops mid-way closed even if I'm holding the close button. :lol:

Archived