LegacyGT.com

what is that noise

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has had this problem. My car (07 GT) recently was making some rattling noises when I hit any bump, large or small. Brought to dealership, they said the fuel lines was causing the issue.

Anyways I still hear a rattle, it seems to be coming from the dash, drivers side corner where window and dash meet.

Has anyone else had this issue?:spin:

There is a thread in here somewhere relating to this issue. I think they wrapped the fuel line pipes with some of that black foam plumbing pipe wrap right by the strut tower on the drivers side to fix it.
Let's kick this pig!

Also this was a service bulletin put out by Subaru the # is 12-96-06 it is listed as "Rattle/Squeak noise from instrument panel" followed by. "If you enconter a customer complaint of a rattle/squeak noise coming from the instrument panel just below the windshield area, it may be cause by the instrument panel hooks. To eliminate the noise follow the repair procedure listed." Then it has instructions for the mechanic. So this is a real issue don't take no for a answer give the the bulletin "12-96-06" released on 02/28/07. I justed called my dealer due to my car is in for this problem, 2nd time. I said I found this online they said we have the bulletin, I said then fix the problem. These fools knew about the problem and ignored it. Got to love dealerships!

Archived