LegacyGT.com

A/V setup in my 08 Spec.B (pics)

mikefoy6

How do you wire the audio and video wires to the connectors you used? I ordered them from your work. I paid about 20 times the amount to ship them as I did for the connectors themselves.

There is only a yellow video connector on the back of the screen, You will have to have some sort of AUX in into the stereo (like the aux input i have in my 08). If you dont have an AUX input to your stereo, I'm not sure how you will get your audio into your speaker.

Those connectors you got will have a spot to solder the center conductor, they also have a little ring for the ground (shield) of the wire.

That's correct. It's not hooked up, which is why you can't just pull the brake when you want to change input on the display.
When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

It should look something like this, The parking break shows it on even when I'm moving.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/mikefoy6/IMG_1352.jpg

I have an 08 but on some other years may show the parking break in the empty spot on this screen:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/mikefoy6/IMG_1353.jpg

If yours doesn't work, make sure you grounded the right side of the wire, it should be the one that goes to the screen.

Does anyone know what to do with the wires after I cut the red/white RCA connectors off?

Those connectors you got will have a spot to solder the center conductor, they also have a little ring for the ground (shield) of the wire.

the video wire has the main connector to solider the main wire to and the tab on the side for the shielding?

Exactly.

08leggy

On the tabs that are on the RCA connectors that the shielding wire from the video goes to. Did you ground any of those tabs or all of them to the chassis?

Thanks Again,

Anthony

*edit* Thanks for the answers to the previous questions.

On the tabs that are on the RCA connectors that the shielding wire from the video goes to. Did you ground any of those tabs or all of them to the chassis?

You dont need to ground the tabs to the chassis, just make sure they are attached to the shield of the cable.

Mike,

If I have done this before you post I'll put up the answer. Do you remember what size drill bit you used? I am guessing 1/4" or 15/64"

Thanks Again I cant wait to be done. I am also putting a sub under the passenger seat at the same time I have to redo the bracket to get it to work.

Thanks,

Anthony

*edit* Looks like a 1/4" bit will do the trick. If it doesn't ill edit again.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like your idea of the aux inputs in the bottom of the console... You actually gave me a GREAT idea with that whole setup. I've got a cleansweep on the way, I want 2 aux inputs, one for my sirius and one for the ipod... But it only has 1 set of aux inputs on the cleansweep... So, I'm actually gonna put a pair of the RCA adapter plugs like you have in the console... AND a pair in the cubby. Then I'll just wire them in parallel back to the CS. This way it looks really sharp and I'll be able to remove them all easily.

It makes sense in my head, I think... lol... Anyone else have this done or have any ideas/suggestions for me before I do it?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

• 1 year later...
Are there RCA audio outputs on the back of the stock HU with NAV on an 08?

I know on my 07 there is just a Video input in the back of the navi but you can use the AUX IN in the armrest for audio. You can hook pretty much anything up to it ...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64698 ;)

I just recently redid mine but I still have to come up with a permanent mounting solution. A pic of the work in progress ...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2547/4192544099_091222d7e4.jpg

Archived