LegacyGT.com

Please analyze datalogs...

mustang killer

Fixed for you.

No one here says the 5EAT is responsible for lack of top end power. It's the VF40 hotside. Look at your acceleration curve. It's going down very fast at redline. That's typical for all VF40 cars, 5MT or 5EAT.

yes but i have heard others say that with the same mods on both a MT and an AT leggy, the MT would trap 3-5 mph more.

yes but i have heard others say that with the same mods on both a MT and an AT leggy, the MT would trap 3-5 mph more.

That's because the 5MT loses less power at the wheels than the 5EAT. At WOT, the torque converter doesn't lock up until around 5500 rpm. Also, the 5EAT has a taller 3rd gear so it doesn't accelerate as well as the 5MT.

You really can't compare the 5MT and 5EAT.

No there isn't enough info. Peak boost occurs between 2900 and 3500 rpm. There's no way to tell because you didn't hit WOT until 3700 rpm.

It appears that you may have pulled some timing early but that could have just been caused by the initial throttle response. And you can't really tell if it truly is timing pulled or if the DA table has been adjusted. The only way to tell what real knock is if you have access to the DA table or if you log feedback correction and fine learning correction.

again i will do another log 2moro night starting at 2000k. maybe the pulled timing is from the downshift from 4-3 in manumatic???

That's because the 5MT loses less power at the wheels than the 5EAT. At WOT, the torque converter doesn't lock up until around 5500 rpm. Also, the 5EAT has a taller 3rd gear so it doesn't accelerate as well as the 5MT.

You really can't compare the 5MT and 5EAT.

well i was comparing my 50-80 mph and 60-80 mph tests via datalogging in one of the specific forumns on here and i was as fast if not faster than the stage 2 MT cars, is this accurate?

again i will do another log 2moro night starting at 2000k. maybe the pulled timing is from the downshift from 4-3 in manumatic???

Sounds good. Be safe and don't get a ticket. Remember, you can always just log to 5000 rpm or so.

Archived