LegacyGT.com

What is everyones opinion on the best exhaust for the 2.5i? That will be the next mod to my car and I wanna make sure I get the right thing, I'm really liking the Greppdy SP2 but not sure if the whole catback will even fit since its only made for the GT model.

Most exhausts made for the GT will fit perfectly to the 2.5i. Some need minor fitments with hangers etc. The exhaust that sold me was the Perrin catback, already ordered. That deep rumble on the NA is just so sweet! I've heard reviews on the SP2, all good.

my opinion on the best exhaust and your is going to be two totaly diff concepts. What sound are you looking for? Are you looking for performance? these are questions that are needed when you put something like this up. if your looking for the boxer sound on an " i " good luck. i know of two other people including myself that tried getting the boxer rumble out of the " i " and its hard. If you search for " Another magnaflow install " you will get a couple of hits. I put these magnaflows on mine and i loved the sound of it. I also did the exhaust silencer delete on mine. If you go cutting away the cats your going to get a different sound and your not going to like it. Just my two cents. But when posting something like this thats like asking whats the best car? You leave alot open here. Try to help everyone narrow the options down by asking what your looking for in the exhaust.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

my opinion on the best exhaust and your is going to be two totaly diff concepts. What sound are you looking for? Are you looking for performance? these are questions that are needed when you put something like this up. if your looking for the boxer sound on an " i " good luck. i know of two other people including myself that tried getting the boxer rumble out of the " i " and its hard. If you search for " Another magnaflow install " you will get a couple of hits. I put these magnaflows on mine and i loved the sound of it. I also did the exhaust silencer delete on mine. If you go cutting away the cats your going to get a different sound and your not going to like it. Just my two cents. But when posting something like this thats like asking whats the best car? You leave alot open here. Try to help everyone narrow the options down by asking what your looking for in the exhaust.

+1

Your original question is going to get tons of subjective answers that won't help you at all.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

My bad. I mean obviously you aren't going to get a huge increase in horsepower in this vehicle without doing major motor work so I guess I am going for sound and looks. I wonder what it would take to get the boxer sound, a header the whole way back? I saw a Bugeye RS the other nite, non turbo with prolly a 3inch exhaust the whole way back and it definitely had the boxer sound. Thats what made me think you could still get that sound out of our cars, I could be way off here and correct me if I am wrong tho.

Archived