LegacyGT.com

Cobb Ap Question

Hey,

I have a question...maybe someone can help me....i'm planning to buy a used unmarried AP. i was told by one of my wrx friends. he told me i need some white or green plug to marry the AP. is that the same w. the legacy AP?

Yup, you need to look under the passenger side dash/glove box. At the top of the carpet in the middle there will be two little green plugs(test mode plugs) tucked into a little pocket there. You need to pulll them out and connect them before you can install or "marry" the AP to the car. After the initial install you need to disconnect these plugs before you start and drive the car.
Let's kick this pig!

^^ What Brother Qikslvr said. The AP should come with the cable to hook up the unit to the car's OBDII port, but you also need to connect the cars test plugs together. They are part of the car; you don't need seperate green or white connectors - you just need to find them in the car.

Be sure you have the right AP and the right maps before you make a purchase amd try to install. The v1 AP's were year- and transmission-specific. The new v2's are not, but in both cases you need to make sure you've got the right maps for your specific car and mods.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I recommend going to the COBB site and downloading the AP manual. You obviously don't have it (or haven't read it) or you would know about the green plugs.

Have the manual and instructions in-hand (and pre-read) before you use the AP. A bricked ECU is a costly mistake. :)

And you sir obviously didn't read his post objectively. He doesn't own an AP YET. He is going by what a buddy told him relative to his WRX. Please don't chastise a Noob for asking a valid question. He was mearly asking if there was any additional hardware required for the LGT as compared to the WRX and seeking clarification on the location and description of the plugs. Ya know, some of us here actually don't mind helping others instead of trying to make them feel stupid.

I'm sure if he knew how to get to the Cobb website and that it has a support section where the manual was available there he would go get it.

By the way you can find the manual and latest map revisions here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3061

Let's kick this pig!

And you sir obviously didn't read his post objectively. He doesn't own an AP YET. He is going by what a buddy told him relative to his WRX. Please don't chastise a Noob for asking a valid question. He was mearly asking if there was any additional hardware required for the LGT as compared to the WRX and seeking clarification on the location and description of the plugs. Ya know, some of us here actually don't mind helping others instead of trying to make them feel stupid.

I'm sure if he knew how to get to the Cobb website and that it has a support section where the manual was available there he would go get it.

Actually, I did read his post objectively. I did not flame him with the ever-so-popular RTFM graphic, nor did I chastise him or call him a noob.

He asked for information about the install. It was obvious that he either didn't have the manual or hadn't read it, so I let him know he could find it online and recommended that he download it from the COBB website. I also recommended that he have it in hand before attempting to install a new map to reduce the risk of accidentally bricking his ECU.

There was nothing degrading or belittling about my reply - only a few recommendations that I thought were helpful.

91bulldog - Make sure you post some pics of your rims in the Wheels and Tires section, and hope you take the AP plunge someday.

Archived