LegacyGT.com

will a cold air intake and intake?

I don't think that the Q was about hurting the motor. Will the intakes produce more HP--- NOT. So go for the bling if you so chose. Personally, I don't put parts on the car that do not produce results. Just old fashioned I guess.:spin:
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

how can K&N get away with making these hp claims??? especially when people have proof of NO gains???

K&N Subaru Cold Air Intake

http://www.subautoparts.com/images/performance/images/k_and_n/69-8003TFK.jpg Fits: 2005 - 2005 Subaru Legacy Cold Air Intake

Brand: K&N

Part Number: 698003TFK

Description: K&N TYPHOON AIR INTAKE SYSTEM, SHORT RAM, FLAT BLACK -- Provides An Additional 13.9 Horsepower At 4650 RPM, Designed To Increase Performance Of The Vehicle Utilizing The Finest Quality Components, Includes K&N's High-Flow Washable/Reusable Air Filter, The Oversized Air Filter Captures More Dirt Increasing The Service Life Before A Cleaning Is Required, Million Mile Manufacturers Warranty, Replacement Filter Part Number RU-5113, GROUND SHIPPING ONLY

Price: $235.95

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

They do 5 back to back runs of the car on the dyno, record the last run. Install intake, turn on fans, rerun car. OMG, a single spot on the dyno graph went up by 13.9 HP!!!!

that's how they get away with it

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

They do 5 back to back runs of the car on the dyno, record the last run. Install intake, turn on fans, rerun car. OMG, a single spot on the dyno graph went up by 13.9 HP!!!!

that's how they get away with it

Werd.:cool:

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I don't think that the Q was about hurting the motor. Will the intakes produce more HP--- NOT. So go for the bling if you so chose. Personally, I don't put parts on the car that do not produce results. Just old fashioned I guess.:spin:

Is that an RBS grill on your car lol

Is that an RBS grill on your car lol

Yup, and it is cut to pieces so that I can have driving lights. They won't fit in the stock grille! Bet I can see farther at night than any HID setup!!!!:p:p:p

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived