LegacyGT.com

SR20 Discussion

All right folks, on a topic other than Legacies (the FASTESTEST CAR EVAR ;))

I am trying to figure out what direction my wife and I want to take her car/the family project car. It is my old car, and she will have a new car soon, but for now it is hers.

It is a 97 Nissan 200SX SE-R. Right now it has a SR20DE with almost full bolt-ons including CAI, Header, Exhaust, Cams, and ECU. (Those are the engine mods only obviously :lol:)

It puts down a whopping 163 whp, but it weighs 2580 lbs :D

The engine has about 160k miles on it though, so I am examining what will go into her next. The options, a higher HP NA engine, the SR20VE, or a turboed SR20DE.

The SR20VE will end up around 190-200 whp, whereas I can take the turboed SR20 from 190-400 whp. I would probably not go above 220-250 whp as this is a light front-wheel drive car that I enjoy auto-crossing.

I have enjoyed having a high revving NA (8200 redline but more torque than a Honda :D) car and a turboed car up to now since their personalities are so different, so the NA engine might be fun, but the turbo is awfully attractive.

Thoughts? :iam:

:spin:

Yeah, I thought about that. The turbo has it's attraction because I am at altitude, and would enjoy loosing less whp. Also, the turbo set-up is actually quieter than the NA set-up w/ the same diameter piping...
:spin:

OT, but the fastest car EVAR was my 1973 Honda Civic named "Buck." It had nothing to do with the car but everything to do with my then college girlfriend Gwen.

I do NOT like braces.

That is all. Back to other high revving motors, please.

oh you'll be keeping this as an extra car as well, i thought you'd be selling it, so why waste money.

I definately think turbo or supercharger whatever works better with the sr20 motor.

how about the sr20det motor from the silvia? i know its rwd but is it compatiable?

Archived