LegacyGT.com

2.5 GT Auto vs 3.0R

it would be nice if you could drive it and give us some feedback.

i would like a good opinion on it's ride.

is the "seasickness" gone? i've got the outback highway side wobble.

does the car have more or less body roll than the gt?

does the rear-end "slip-out" or "side step" over undulations or manhole covers?...yes my boat does

does it feel "attached" to the ground?

it the shock dampening "controlled" when going over bumps or does it wallow up and down after going over it?

Thanks guys. It's actually the wifes car.

Here's a few pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Throttlejockey/083.0R0032.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Throttlejockey/083.0R0052.jpg

When people floor a boosted 4 cylinder engine, they arent going to get the same response as flooring a new NA 469 hp AMG V8 auto.

and they shoved it into the c class.. new c63 amg.. i drooled when i saw is it is so sexxy

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/07/c63_amg-img_6174.jpg

it would be nice if you could drive it and give us some feedback.

i would like a good opinion on it's ride.

is the "seasickness" gone? i've got the outback highway side wobble.

does the car have more or less body roll than the gt?

does the rear-end "slip-out" or "side step" over undulations or manhole covers?...yes my boat does

does it feel "attached" to the ground?

it the shock dampening "controlled" when going over bumps or does it wallow up and down after going over it?

Give me a break I just picked it up last night! I have yet to take it on a few of my favorite roads.

Keep in mind it's on the Legacy platform, not the Outback. I don't think it feels much different from my GT. It does feel more substantial, but no more roll than the GT did, probably less.

No rear-end slip out or side step at all.

Seems to feel attached to the ground to me, very similar to the GT, but steering does feel lighter.

Shock dampening feels very controlled, no wallow at all.

Does still have RE92's though.:mad:

Give me a break I just picked it up last night!

thats no excuse :lol:

my lease is up in october.

if i decide to dump it for another 3.0r i may need to order it to get the color i want. my dealer said to alot up to 2 months for order time to be sure.

so any thoughts good or bad are helpful.

thanks

Unfortunately I never drove the OB, so I don't have anything to compare it to other than the GT.

I'm going to fill up with 93 and see if there's a difference in power. I'm sure the dealer filled it up with regular.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. My lease was up in another 2 months also. Just do it NOW!

Isn't a turbo car w/an automatic an oxymoron?

Though, when I got my LGT, I test drove the automatic and was impressed. Still got the manual.

IMO, subaru did a great job w/the automatic and a sh:soap_box:t job w/the manual, with their dual-mass flywheel and feeling-less clutch and all. Oh well, that's what the aftermarket is for.

IMO, subaru did a great job w/the automatic and a sh:soap_box:t job w/the manual, with their dual-mass flywheel and feeling-less clutch and all. Oh well, that's what the aftermarket is for.

You're wrong.

Learn it and exploit it.

Red leather makes for smoother shifting. :p

Only practice makes for smoother shifting.

My heel/toe has come a long way with this car. Working on seemless rev matching. Wish I had a private course.

mmmmm......brick red leather......:wub:

NOT ON A STOCK LGT

I really have no problems with the stock clutch. The only time I have got clutch stink were if i did something dumb like drop the clutch at a high rpm or one time for some reason when i reversed for a long distance i got some stinkage. But honestly it has a nice medium weight to it, its not as feather light as a honda but its not like an exercise stepping machine that my trans am was. After having this car for over 2 years with just turning 25000 miles, I'm really tending to think people who complain about the clutch just dont know how to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I've got no problem driving w/the stock clutch. All my shifting is smooth. That's cause I've adapted to the car, that doesn't mean I like the way it shifts though. It has no feeling to it. Yes, the clutch probably isn't that bad, but the dual-mass flywheel ruins the link between the driver and the engine.

Archived