LegacyGT.com

1 headlight + 1 highbeam on?!?!

Here is the story...the left headlight was out on my lgt wagon so I replaced both headlights with new bulbs. They worked fine that day. The next day I noticed the little blue 'highbeam' light was on in my instrument panel. I went and looked at my headlights and now the left highbeam is on (left headlight is off) and the right headlight is on! What is going on?

• 2 weeks later...
I messed up replacing a headlight bulb and got the polarity switched up, and that bulb was very dim compared to other side. I took it out, rotated it 180degrees, and slapped it back in and it lit up full just like the other side. I'm not sure if this is what you are describing or not, but the bulbs are meant to be installed in one specific orientation.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I took it to the dealer, they said the fuse was blown:confused: because a wire got crossed when I installed new the new lowbeam bulb. It works fine now, but I checked the fuse (#32 I think) and it was fine. Oh well...it just seems wierd. I guess a visual inspection of the fuse was where I went wrong, I should have put in a new one.

Archived