LegacyGT.com

Opinions Please

I've been without my LGT since Jan. of this year. needs trans/engine, out of pocket expenses ~$10K. car only has 11K miles. dealer has "offered" $5000 for

my car as it sits, applied to '08 OB XT ltd, also same deal for '07 STI.

Oh yeah, insurance is contesting claim.

So, my question is, should I:

1. fight ins. co.(State Farm SUCKS, by the way)?

2. work deal for OB XT, since SOA doesn't offer the car I really want any longer?

3. work deal on STI?

Thanks for any ideas on this.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Damn! What happened? Sounds like both Subaru and your insurance company put fault on you. That sucks!

I would see if you can find another place that can fix it for less than $10k. That is nuts! Maybe find a wrecked one with a good powertrain?

Even if it cost you $10k, plus the $5k the dealer will give you for it, that makes the car 'worth' only $15k. Should be a lot more than that!

Sounds like you are working with a REALLY shady dealer actually!!!:mad:

making U-turn on country road, ran over something? had to transport car ~90 miles to nearest dealer; so, don't know what fell from under car during transport.

Subie tech was in area (@dealer) and said it wasn't Subaru issue.

State Farm is rejecting ALL claims in state (Ms) because they didn't step-up during

Katrina.

bell housing busted, only found 3 pieces of flywheel (2 pieces matched-up), clutch/pressure plate FUBAR. landfill 2miles from site,also debris everywhere on right of way. no, i didn't see debris as it was night.

ins. co. seems to think you can't run over anything and damage underside of vehicle. they denied claim because there was no sign of collision. told them from start i didn't hit anything, i ran over something.

Your dealing with TWO sides that dont want to take blame. Should have a independent assessment to the car. Take it to a high end shop and get them to put in writing what they think caused the damage.

Then call up both parties and have a chat. Fax the report and advise them that (if the independent finds its not your fault) you will be contacting the local media for a story on the service you are receiving. Then drop the "finding legal council" hint. You may be surprised at the service you get when public opinion plays on your side.

dont settle for ANYTHING or your admitting fault.

Good luck

thanks to all for the input.

the dealership where my car is, isn't where i bought the car and they've been very helpful so far. although, i don't feel too good about being offered pennies for a car that's no longer sold in the USA.

service manager and subie tech agreed that it wasn't abuse, but also didn't have explanation for damage since they weren't at scene(understandable).

State Farm(did i mention they SUCK!)flatly refuses to even look into case futher.

i have spoken to Attn. General's office and was refered to Insurance Commissioner's dept. they were interested and said to forward my information(photos of area, phone records-calls to St.Farm corp.offices, etc).

have any of you had to fight the ins. companies for payment on a claim, what's involved?

Archived