LegacyGT.com

Perrin CBE in, Borla CBE out

tommypenguin

I finally had a chance to remove my borla CBE I had been running for the past year and switch to a Perrin cat back today. I am pleased with the Perrin to an extent.

The borla fit better, no modification for fitting needed. As for the Perrin it needed a little TLC to get it to fit without having any rattles. The only major problem area I was going to run in to an issue was the tip of the exhaust tapping on the metal behind the rear bumper. I dremmeled that metal area down just a tad so that the tip wouldn't touch and flexed some heat shield out of the way of the new exhaust. But I have no rattles, looks great mounted. It is just a little louder than the borla, maybe just a couple decibels to be honest. But there are silencers welded into my exhaust.

Aside from fitment and sound, I can't see any difference in power between borla or perrin. Keep in mind I don't have an upgraded downpipe on, so regardless of exhaust, that is where my bottle neck is and I probably wouldn't notice any gains in general from the exhaust until that down pipe has been fatted up to 3 inches.

But all things considered I'm happy with the perrin, has a little more growl and just a tiny bit of drone when I'm on the high way, but I'm a fan of listening to a good sounding exhaust and don't mind it being louder over the borla. I will try and get pics of my ride of this weekend.

Archived