LegacyGT.com

Endless Zeal Function v6 Coilovers

captainmorgan

Which way do you turn the knobs on Function v6 coilovers to adjust dampening?

Endless' website is crap, and I can't actually see the ends of the knobs if there are arrows.

I think the car rides a little stiff and it would be nice to make sure both left and right side are even.

Thanks!

there's numbers on the window as well as the little allen key that lines up on the "1" setting with the pointer..

the V6 are 6 levels. You SHOULD be able to see the numbers if you look up. if the tabs are aligned up directly across from each other, that means you're at level 4.

You should be able to see the numbers. I should take a picture for you when I get the chance to take mine out of the box and reinstall them this week.

I can't say that all of the shocks are "counter clockwise = softer" because I believe the front left is reverse threaded body. So from my memory, I think the shock adjustment is also different from the other 3.

Just crawl up under the car and look at it. It not hard to see.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2848&highlight=Zeal

i have pics there, you should be able to not only see the window, but the knob is also marked off on the sides as well as a little allen key tab that is on the knob and the marked-cylinder to show you where level 1 is.

Keefe

according to me they arent difficult to adjust :p. I just turn the steering wheel to full lock to see the knob and reach around the wheel to adjust it (dont even have to jack up the car at all).

The reason why the adjustment knob is on the bottom is because the fronts are inverted shocks. It's just easier to have the valve control there rather than the other end (at least for the most part than to re-engineer the internals to have the valve to come out from the camber plate end).

more pics of them here:

http://www.speedoptions.com/profiles/driverview.php?id=40461&model_id=212&model_year=2005&pg=1

Keefe

yea, that's the one thing about having a stainless steel casing (damn surface rust). You can clean that off really quick with some PB blaster and wipe it off.. the knobs should be coated in plastic at the least. You should be able to see the numbers regardless. Of the 50,000+ miles on my Zeals, I can still see my number markings as clear as day.

The new Zeals (in XS and X) are available in the aluminum casing instead of stainless steel. I guess Endless had enough complaints about rust looks from the casing which makes it ugly to work with and look at for show cars (whoop-de-do).

Keefe

Archived