LegacyGT.com

Perrin Catless DP

RdiggA

i just picked up a full length 3" catless Perrin DP, and i was wondering if this will bolt up to my stock UP and catback, i have an 07 so im already catless on the UP. Also will emissions be a problem with this? or could i find a shop to turn their head?

If it comes with the donut gasket thing for the stock exhaust it should work just fine ... it should look something like this .. (This was from my AVO DP).

http://members.cox.net/ohmer_pics/tn_IMG_3226.JPG

I'm pretty sure you have a visual and sniffer inspection in NY so you'll fail both when the time comes. It's pretty easy to swap back to stock though. No idea how it will sound with stock catback; you'll definately hear the turbo spool a lot, other than that, not sure.

I understand you can run it and you may or may not get a CEL. What I am wondering is is this risky? Will it run too rich or boost creep?

I have not idea which DP I want I just know I want a HFC and would like to do the entire DP and not just the front or back section that perrin has.

i dont think its risky myself, its worse for the car to put in a intake with no tune then a downpipe, many people run the downpipe with no tune so its up to you. Id day so with a full length Invidia, or Megan Racing. I picked up the Perrin cause i found a good deal on a used one, theres another person selling one for 200 shipped in the market place, IMO jump on that.

i dont think its risky myself, its worse for the car to put in a intake with no tune then a downpipe, many people run the downpipe with no tune so its up to you. Id day so with a full length Invidia, or Megan Racing. I picked up the Perrin cause i found a good deal on a used one, theres another person selling one for 200 shipped in the market place, IMO jump on that.

I don't think it's risky at all to install an intake only, without an ap or any other mods.

Well I know you can get a stock Legacy with the SPT Intake and you are fine. I believe its when you add all the other supporting mods, like DP/UP/CBE and then an Intake ... the intake will cause things to run more lean ... not always a good thing.

I was thinking about buying one, but I don't have an accessport yet, and I don't wanna see a CEL every day. Plus, I don't wanna have to swap it out once a year for emissions. Is it really that beneficial that its worth taking it off every year? What are some of the biggest advantages of having a catless downpipe combined with everything else being stock?

Archived