LegacyGT.com

New Legacy GT Owner Here

[color=black][size=2]Hello All,[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I'm a newb... Just joined the forum tonight.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2][/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I picked up my Legacy GT yesterday.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Here are the details:[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Standard GT[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Black[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Manual[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Short Shift Kit[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Spoiler[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Wheel Locks[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I paid under invoice at my local dealership. The experience was very good. They were very aggressive on trade in numbers and no nonsense on the price of the new vehicle. I had bought a 2002 WRX from this same dealership in the past and I would say they were very good to me both times I have done business with them.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Some observations / insight / tidbits / advice...[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]The new Legacy is one of the best cars for the money available today. I have had many vehicles (over 20) and this ranks very high on the list. The fact that you can get one near or below invoice is unbelievable. [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I researched for a few months and came to the conclusion that this was the car to get. The new Legacy GT has it all... Performance, value, roomy interior, good exterior looks, good build quality, good ergonomics, a number of options that allow you to equip the car to suit your needs, all wheel drive, great transmission, great handling, surprising acceleration, great braking, good seats, Subaru reliability, and the list goes on. [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]The short shift kit is very good. I recommend trying it out if you have the opportunity. For the price it was an absolute no brainer. [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Whether or not to get leather is a toss up... I didn't need power seats or a sunroof so it seemed like an easy choice for me.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Stereo is OK... I had an aftermarket system in my last car so I didn't expect too much. 6 disc in dash is standard on the GT, which is nice.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]No steering wheel stereo controls will be hard to get used to.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I had several people flash me (with their brights) at night... The headlights on my GT must be set high or something.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I don't like the frameless doors... I know it saves weight but framed doors just feel sturdier to me and seem to hold up better in the long run.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Heated seats with cloth interior as well as leather... Great feature.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Dual zone climate control with standard GT model is another great feature. If you have a significant other who rides in your car this feature can be a relationship saver. [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]The financing programs available now are very good (1.9% - 3.9%). It is unusual to have those programs on a car like the new Legacy. The programs are even available on the STI.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Get the invoice and MSRP prices for the car you are looking at as well as the options. There are many sources to get this information from like [/size][url="http://www.edumds.com/"][size=2]www.edumds.com[/size][/url][size=2] and others.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Don't forget to add destination charges to your pricing... Many people leave them out by mistake when calculating pricing.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Don't pay for the following if you can avoid it:[/size][/color] [list] [*][size=2]Dealer prep fees[/size] [*][size=2]Documentation fees (unless they are doing all the motor vehicle work then you would pay them $100 or less)[/size] [*][size=2]Pinstripes (unless you really want them)[/size] [*][size=2]Paint sealant / protector (I asked a few dealers about this fee and none could give me a good answer at all)[/size] [*][size=2]VIN etching (you could pay upwards of $200 - $300 for this at a dealer... Just buy the $30 kit and do it yourself)[/size] [*][size=2]Trim kits (unless you like them)[/size] [*][size=2]Marketing fees[/size] [*][size=2]Extra interest on you trade in payoff equal to more than 8 - 10 days[/size] [*][size=2]Extra tax on the difference between your trade (if you have one) and the value of the new car purchase[/size] [/list][color=black][size=2]Check to see what the dealer perks are:[/size][/color] [list] [*][size=2]Free oil change(s)[/size] [*][size=2]Free tire program[/size] [*][size=2]Free car washes / detailing[/size] [*][size=2]Service department coupons / credits[/size] [*][size=2]Loaner car programs[/size] [*][size=2]Referral programs[/size] [*][size=2]Group buying programs[/size] [/list][color=black][size=2]Find out what your credit score is before going to the dealer if you can.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Don't tell the dealer you are trading in a vehicle before you negotiate the new car purchase. The introduction of a trade before negotiations just gives the dealership a way to hide numbers. Sometimes this doesn't matter if you are savvy enough and the dealer is being straight with you but most of the time it is better to play it safe.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Be sure what your financing options are. Another way dealers make money is to "uplift" financing charges. For example: A bank may offer them 5% for your loan and they sell the loan to you for 6% making a profit on your financing. [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Here is a partial list of the cars my wife and I have had so you can get an idea of the quality of my observations:[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [list] [*][size=2]1980 Toyota Celica GT[/size] [*][size=2]1983 Honda Prelude[/size] [*][size=2]1989 Honda Prelude S[/size] [*][size=2]1990 Acura Integra LS[/size] [*][size=2]1992 Geo Storm[/size] [*][size=2]1993 Acura Integra Special Edition[/size] [*][size=2]1994 Acura Integra GS-R[/size] [*][size=2]1995 Honda Civic LX[/size] [*][size=2]1996 Honda Prelude SI[/size] [*][size=2]1996 Acura 2.5TL[/size] [*][size=2]1996 Honda Civic LX[/size] [*][size=2]1997 Acura Integra Type R[/size] [*][size=2]2000 Honda Civic EX[/size] [*][size=2]2000 Audi S4 (chipped & tricked)[/size] [*][size=2]2000 Honda Accord EX V6[/size] [*][size=2]2001 Honda CR-V[/size] [*][size=2]2001 Honda Civic EX[/size] [*][size=2]2001 Volkswagen Beetle[/size] [*][size=2]2001 BMW 325i[/size] [*][size=2]2001 Subaru Impreza WRX[/size] [*][size=2]2004 Dodge Durango Hemi[/size] [*][size=2]2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan[/size] [*][size=2]2005 Subaru Legacy GT[/size] [/list][color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I am in the midst of my break in period and I can't wait for it to be over. Just dipping into the power every once in a while is hard to do.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]I'd be happy to answer any questions if there are any. I feel like I've done a lot of legwork and could probably save people some time and headaches. So just ask away.[/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Sorry for the long and rambling post... I wanted to perform a brain dump before I forgot everything. [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2] [/size][/color] [color=black][size=2]Thanks for reading and have a good one![/size][/color]

G'Day and Welcome to our little home. Sounds like you have the deal of the century there, well done. Im sure once you dial in the Scoob you will find it a lot more easy to live with. All the best. Thanks for becoming a member too. See you on the boards. Adam.

Long story... I bought a 2000 Audi S4 that was chipped and tweaked from a local Audi / Infiniti / Porsche dealership. It was certified and seemed to run great initially. I started having various problems with it by the second month. I had the S4 for about 6-7 months and it was in the shop at least once a month for problems. I complained to the dealer repeatedly and they pretty much bought it back with the stipulation that I had to get anthor car from them. The best choice at that time was the new G35. It was only offered in sedan form with an automatic. It had pretty good power, nice brakes, and good handling, but I couldn't stand having an auto transmission. I was in love with turbo / all wheel drive / manual transmission / powerful cars and the G35 was not one of them. The G35 was nice and comfortable but not what I wanted. I felt that I would be crazy to keep a car that cost that much that I wasn't completely happy with. Rear wheel drive is OK but give me all wheel drive anyday.

Archived