LegacyGT.com

The disaster continues - Subaru Sales for June

rao

Didn't Frito-Lay do a contest for the best amateur ad and run it during the Superbowl or something like that? Subie could do the same thing. C'mon folks, there are a lot of talented people out there who could really sell this car - and would do it just for the exposure.

Certainly the ads SOA is paying for aren't doing them much good. Last Subaru ad I saw was for the 3.0 version - on the back cover of 'Southern Living' - a mag I'm sure all you modders read religiously. The damned ad was a silver car on a silver background. Kinda looked like a picture a some youngster did on a kids menu at Denny's (just one crayon).

I can't speak to TV ads - I haven't seen a television program in years. Maybe that explains my Subaru purchase... :lol:

One of the reasons their sales are down is there were no cars available. A good friend wanted to buy a Limited wagon for his wife and all the dealers around here had were puke outbacks.

One of the reasons their sales are down is there were no cars available. A good friend wanted to buy a Limited wagon for his wife and all the dealers around here had were puke outbacks.

Wagons are gone. He is one year late to the market but there might be some 2007 lefovers.

Krzys

Paul Hogan ("Crocodile Dundee") pitched the Outback quite successfully for a number of years... ;):lol::lol:

remember when the outback commercials had that australian guy, crocodile dundee. hahaha, wow maybe soobies really do have crap advertising.:lol:

Welcome to the thread.

They need better and more aggressive advertising. I'm also sure color choices are hurting them too, as the common buyer might not like the color combos and move on to look at competing brand offerings. Many automakers charge a fee for certain colors, which some buyers are more than happy to pony up the cash for.

subaru of america issues:

1. they do not advertise (especially models that get good reviews - I guess they figure they will sell themselves).

2. they alienate their diminishing hard core (turbo based) buyer base by being the absolutely worst ball busting company when it comes to tuning/warranty issues. this is regardless of whether the mod had anything to do with the warranty issue - they will attempt to divorce themselves from any warranty liability by somehow linking the mods to the warranty claim - and deny coverage.

I remember seeing some Subaru ads recently - one was for a fancy envrionmentally friendly plant in Indiana another was for the Tribeca and the sales push was "wow, what a fabulous interior." I remember another for an Outback, but I don't remember it. I don't think I've ever seen one for a Spec or a Legacy.

Archived