LegacyGT.com

Finally an owner driver

Picked up my LegGT/Ltd, silver wagon with s/shifter, arm rest, homelink, subwoofer and hitch, yes hitch, but just for bike rack not for towing. After a cumulative test drive time of one hour, I have been flapping my keys for months about pros and cons and how Suby could improve the Leg GT, if they only listened to this guru. After actually owning the car for 16 hours, my first impressions are better than I expected. Many of the shortcomings mentioned by people on this site do not appear to exist or are not a problem, IMO, at this early point. I was worried that the Leg GT would not deliver the driving feeling I have missed so much since I traded my BMW/3 for a Lexus SUV. My first few hours of driving the LegGT, under break-in, more than meets the feel/standard I was looking to regain. Oh yes, the engine, the solid pull lives up to all the hoopla. What turbo lag? You really have to work to induce turbo lag in MT. I think and my sons think the engine sounds great, even entertaining inside the car, without being tiring. Plenty of feedback for shift points. Yes the car is quiet, but just the right amount of tranny whine and engine rev to hit shift points. Every bit as sweet a sound as the BMWs straight six from inside. I love the s/shifter feel, clutch pedal weight and throttle weight. After driving WRX, I thought pedals were very soft and car felt like an overpowered tin can, no offense to those that can use a WRX like a guided missile. My shifter boot is not loose and no funny noises yet. I really like the stock shift knob. Love the controls so far, love the steering wheel without all the home entertainment functions, just a very comfortable steering tool. Materials are better than I flapped about with exception of center console silver plastic, but it is still very nice. Need to do a five hour drive to Sierras to really test seats, but look and feel better than I expected. Car is better looking than I realized. Overall first impression theme is this car exceeds my expectations on “all” fronts. I have mentioned my BMW and my oldest son’s 2002 BMWiX wagon often and probably sound to some like a BMW snob, but I chose the Leg GT over a new BMW3 AWD wagon and I am very, very pleased with my choice, at this point. pictures will follow, get my wheels on next week, maybe tint week later.

when you go on that long drive and your back starts to get sore from sitting. just turn on the heated seats and in about 10 min you will feel like a new person(not that there is any thing wrong with the old one,you did buy a subaru)... enjoy ..and i second your thoughs on the car and the best is yet to come wait till break in is over,and gas mileage start to go up i hit 29.5 on my last interstate run..

I agree as a fellow 3 series owner I was expecting a lot form the car and was excited that in most areas it met and exceeded my expectations. Theres only a few things that I would change or upgrade on the car, but there is not perfect car but this is best car I could find fitting my needs at this price level. Glad you are enjoying the Legacy, hope you continue to enjoy and it and good luck with it.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived