LegacyGT.com

Ecu

hi, i have been on this forum for a while, and read alot about ecu's. i still cannot figure out all this tune it yourself or a get a "map". can someone please explain. i am trying to figure out if vendors can make you custom maps or does some one tune it for you so the ecu would run with the mods. or some people just tune their own maps. do they make special maps for every legacy or are all the mod maps the same.

i am trying to figure out if vendors can make you custom maps or does some one tune it for you so the ecu would run with the mods. or some people just tune their own maps

the map is the overall term for the set of paramaters that the engine reaches or is programed to reach throughout its operating range. it is dictated by control of ignition timing, mechanical timing, fuel delivery, boost control, and lots of other things. a tuner (or anyone with the proper knowledge and software) can modify these parameters to make more power

do they make special maps for every legacy or are all the mod maps the same.

every platform has its own maps because they have their own capabilities and electronics systems.

hi, i have been on this forum for a while, and read alot about ecu's. i still cannot figure out all this tune it yourself or a get a "map". can someone please explain. i am trying to figure out if vendors can make you custom maps or does some one tune it for you so the ecu would run with the mods. or some people just tune their own maps. do they make special maps for every legacy or are all the mod maps the same.

if you have to ask, you definitely dont want to tune this yourself.

i know theres a shop in oceanside that specializes in subies. they're next to crawford performance... actually crawford is pretty good also.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived