LegacyGT.com

Good wheels for Outback?

docsmile71

I'm having a hard time finding a good style of wheels for the Outback. The GT is different because it looks sporty so tuner rims will look nice. The Outback is different because it looks semi rugged but not really rugged so car rims don't look that nice on it and truck wheels look dumb on it. I was thinking or maybe going with the rally look but the outback is too long for the rally look. I don't want to stay stock forever but I'm having a hard time with a good looking wheel. Any suggestions?

I've been debating the same thing for a while, and I have until spring to decide, but I'm really interested in what comes out of this thread. I think the wheels for this car should have a good balance of rugged and luxury look. I also want them to have a durable finish and be easy to clean as I do a lot of dirt road driving. So far I like the following wheels: PIAA Sport Mesh (too expensive, I want to stay under $200) Rota SDR Rota Grid I'd love to see them on an Outback first though. Sly

I have been looking for good Outback wheels too, and agree, they need to look beefy and rugged to go with the theme of the car, otherwise the wheels end up looking too wimpy/spindly on the car. This is probably why the stock wheels have such large spokes. The best option I have found so far, from a visual perspective, are Mille Miglia Spider wheels from TireRack ($174 for a 17x7 wheel): [img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/millemiglia/swap/mm_spider_11_ci3_l.jpg[/img] They do weigh 23.5 lbs, which is on the heavy side, but the price and warranty are pretty good, and the offset is a perfect match (important on the Outback again because of visuals -- due to the fender flares). I had a set of MM Avias on my WRX and they were really good wheels with an excellent finish: [img]http://members.cox.net/craig.hunter/IMG_0941-01.jpg[/img] Craig

Archived