LegacyGT.com

Ots Ewg Up & Dp?

NSFW

Actually, *I* do need it plumbed back into the DP. :) I don't want the extra noise.

IIRC the wxr/sti DP is about 4 inches too short. Somebody was prototyping a bolt-on extension that would make them Legacy-compatible, but that never got into production as far as I know.

well if youre going to plump it back in then your gonna have to have some fabrication done on the dp i would imagine anyways.

pretty much any place that can cut and weld exhausts can make that extension for you

yeah, agreed, any shop should be able to help you out with that.

I just did a quick search, the helix did have some issues, but the UR one worked great. But if you're gonna plumb it into the DP, either should work from what the pics show.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

• 2 weeks later...

Nope... that's a downpipe with a divorced wastegate tube. It works with an internal wastegate, i.e. a wastegate that is built into the turbocharger itself. An external wastegate sits between the up-pipe and down-pipe. Picture the narrower tube on that down-pipe connecting to the up-pipe (via wastegate) rather than connecting to the turbocharger's exhaust outlet.

Click here for a picture of an EWG setup, from a Perrin kit for the STI:

http://www.perrinperformance.com/shared/images/products/202/360_large.jpg

Nope... that's a downpipe with a divorced wastegate tube. It works with an internal wastegate, i.e. a wastegate that is built into the turbocharger itself. An external wastegate sits between the up-pipe and down-pipe. Picture the narrower tube on that down-pipe connecting to the up-pipe (via wastegate) rather than connecting to the turbocharger's exhaust outlet.

Click here for a picture of an EWG setup, from a Perrin kit for the STI:

http://www.perrinperformance.com/shared/images/products/202/360_large.jpg

Wow, that's a pretty piece of hardware. I totally need to spend some time with an experienced modder and get skooled on all this stuff...

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Archived