LegacyGT.com

Winter floor mats?

rockford33

Anyone know where I can get some nice rubber winter floor mats for my 05 Legacy GT? I don't want to ruin the nice black carpeted mats. I checked Subaru's website and didn't see anything. I am looking for some with some nice ridges and a lip all the way around the edge to keep the slush and water in. It might be little early yet to have custom molded mats available for our vehicles, but that would be nice. Thanks.

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Im thinking about these but im up for others opinions [/size][/font] [size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [url="http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1483349&showprevnext=1"][u][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1483349&showprevnext=1[/color][/size][/font][/u][/url]

One of the "accessories" my 05 LGT wagon came with was a set of Subaru's All Weather Mats. They appear to be the same as the above link, part #J501SAG000. No snow here down south, but they seem to be very good at containing water and mud.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine. My window sticker lists them at $55.

front.jpg.8f531ddf41a731e9b4e1e31929146464.jpg

rear.jpg.97a944e486422c3fbe5b7c301180d242.jpg

closeup.jpg.7f40567c3c26cb46777887da2713d381.jpg

I have the all weather mats too. Great for keeping stuff off your carpet. Just pick em up and dump all the stuff out. The drawback is the rear mats seem to slide around a lot- they're not much good if people don't step on them! Gonna try to velcro them down somehow. tom

tom :)

The Subaru all weather mats work great...the deepest ridges I have seen. Remember to empty them or you could have a quart of water in there! The only downside is my wife somehow pushes it under the pedals which is a bad thing.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

I've just got mine from 1stsubaruparts.com, which is Auburn Subaru in Washington state. The actual price is $37.46, even lower than what was quoted on the website. Best price anywhere. They take SubaruBucks, I just have to mail it to them. Fast shipping. And jmcgliss - How did your wife manage to push it under the pedals when there's a hook to prevent that? Just curious. The rubber mats for the WRX doesn't have the hole for the hook.

[quote name='rockford33']Hard to tell from the pictures, but do those Subaru ones have a nice lip to keep any water/melted snow from spilling onto the carpet?[/QUOTE] The ridges are all about 1 cm tall (.4 inch). Doesn't sound like much, but they seem to work very well. We've had a lot of rain here the past couple of days, and it's amazing how much water gets in your car just from your shoes. The mats have contained all the water (and mud, dirt, leaves, etc.) so far, not a drop on the carpet. I would think they would work great for snow as well.

Archived