LegacyGT.com

Is G35 a direct competitor of Legacy?

I owned a 2003 G35 auto... It was pretty quick but not as fast as the LGT. The rear drive was fun until bad weather arrived. I will probably stick with AWD performance cars from now on. I never drove the G35 just for the sake of driving it. I find excuses to drive my LGT. The auto trans was OK (I never drove the manual). I have sworn off getting any more automatics as they are not nearly as fun as a manual. The G35 was great for an highway ride but not it is not a car I would buy if I were an "enthusiast" (as I am) for Sunday afternoon back road rips. The bang for the buck definitely goes to the LGT. No manual on the AWD version available for the G35 (I write it off immediately for that)???? I don't really need all the luxury toys that the G35 had and my LGT std is perfect in that regard. The G35 sedan is also pretty ugly... I look back and actually wonder why I bought it. The coupe is a nice looking car but the sedan just sucks in terms of exterior design IMO. I had the G35 for less than a year before I snapped out of it. :) Perhaps the new, more powerful, slightly redesigned, manual transmission G35 sedan is better than what I had. However, it would have to be A LOT better for me to choose it over the LGT. In terms of options, you can add aftermarket items that are not offered from the factory to the LGT. Those options are typically better than what you would see directly from the factory.

Archived