LegacyGT.com

OEM Sub Qs

Abandonhope16

The little lady just got an '08 2.5i SE and her one complaint so far is the stereo. She doesn't want to have a box in the trunk, so I figured a good solution would be the OEM unit for under the seat. Does anyone know if the '08 would be pre-wired for the sub? If not, is there some sort of aftermarket equivilent that would provide a better value? Anyone know where I can get a good deal on the OEM sub?

Thanks so much.

-A

Send a PM to THEKINGOFPARTS (one of our vendors on the site). Thats where I got my quote from, seems to be a pretty good deal. I would tell you but he might have something against advertising a price, so its probably best that you go directly to him. Just ask for a price, shipped to your zip.

i have a 06 2.5SE wagon myself and use this HU setting. doesn't sound too bad.

you're not going to net that much from the OE sub anyway.

Bass +5

Mid -2

Treble -2

Fade F4 (rear door speakers sounds like crap)

Listening volume: 10-15

on my other cars im running subs but as with you, i don't want a sub

in our wagon cause it's our cargo hauler.

Also, try enabling the "SRS-WOW" feature that is off on the radio. It makes a huge difference in sound from the existing factory system. Not sure why they leave it off as a default.

Not sure if that is an option on the '08 2.5 SE. It has the basic single disk, not the 6 disk. You just hold down the audio button to turn that on right? I'm pretty sure I tried that, but nothing happened. Can anyone confirm?

i can confirm that mine doesn't have it either. plus, when you turn on SRS

you loose a lot of bass as it alters the phase. even the dual mono recorded

instruments get phased to stereo.....

if you're looking for bass, keep it off and let your tweeters do the proper

stereo imaging.

Does anyone know if the '08 would be pre-wired for the sub? If not, is there some sort of aftermarket equivalent that would provide a better value? Anyone know where I can get a good deal on the OEM sub?

I'm sure it's wired for the sub if it's an option on any '08 SE model.

Usually, Subarus that did not include the OEM sub from the factory do not include the sub harness. Fortunately, it's very easy to install.

If you have your heart set on the OEM sub, best way is to find one used. Make sure the seller includes the complete T-harness (some sellers cut them behind the radio or even omit the entire harness).

There are several aftermarket low-profile subs designed to fit underneath the front seats. I haven't listened to any of them personally, but other people have found them at least as good as Subaru's.

Here are a few: Kenwood KSC-SW1, Clarion SRV303, Blaupunkt THb 200A . There are others.

Features to look for:

• Short enough to fit beneath seat, even when someone is sitting in it
  • Speaker-level inputs (so you won't have to add a Line Output Converter (LOC)
  • Automatic power on/off (detects sound on the speaker input), since the OEM radio does not have an amp remote control line

Archived