LegacyGT.com

Missing Features / Quirks

1. what about automatic locking doors if you put the gear on Drive 2. unlocks the doors if you put it in Park You were compairing the LGT to a TSX, we had a TSX before and we only had it for 2 mos. and traded it. It was a nice car but there is a lot of wind and road noise once you hit 65 mph on the freeway plus it's a FWD and no DRL's. Most of the cars that you were comparing are not AWD so that is one advantage of the LGT.

[quote name='WRX_LGT']1. what about automatic locking doors if you put the gear on Drive 2. unlocks the doors if you put it in Park [/QUOTE] Personally I would hate that. It's one of the most annoying feature of the American made POS cars I have to rent every time I travel.

[quote name='WRX_LGT']1. what about automatic locking doors if you put the gear on Drive 2. unlocks the doors if you put it in Park [/QUOTE] Thats not a feature, thats a BUG! I HATE it when a car does that!

[quote name='DAP']Thats not a feature, thats a BUG! I HATE it when a car does that![/QUOTE] [font='Times New Roman']I like this feature and wish I had it. The good thing about having it is you can just take out the fuse if you don’t want it but it doesn’t work visa versa.:( [/font] [font='Times New Roman'][/font]

The climate control is a poor feature. All around, there is no reason for dual digital controls. Subaru should provide an option for 3 manual controls. I agree that "dual" has quality for "feet warming" but that isn't a good enough reason. The stereo is too low. I can deal with it, but the entire console should be more compact, and replacable. Water on roof will come inside window if you open it. On the 2000, there was a lip that prevented this from occurring. >>> The list can keep going. But I don't want a 330xi, I like the quirks !

Missing Features: 1. Full set of controls on the steering wheel (lighted) 2. Rain sensitive wipers 3. HID and LEDs all round 4. Reflectors on rear bumper bar 5. Telescopic steering wheel 6. Bluetooth ready 7. Distance sensors and reversing camera 8. Lighted sun/moonroof power and map light buttons 9. More colors to choose from (inside and out) 10. Choice of wheels 11. Rear vents for air con Quirks: 1. Creeky interior 2. Less leg room compared to other cars of similar size (front and rear) 3. Car's suspension too high - should be lowered about 2" 4. Door handles should be the pull out to open type (eg, BMW, Mitsubishi, Honda, etc.)

Missing features: 1. A JATO to supplement the turbo. 2. A "home, Gives" option, when I'm tired and want to take a nap. The car can take me home. 3. Automatic double-pane windows for extra privacy. 4. Auto-park, so I can pull in front of a parallel spot, press the button and get out of the car. 5. Flame-thrower exhausts, because it looks really cool at night, and takes care of raccoon problems in your backyard. 6. One of those jumping things, like the Mach 5. Quirks: 1. Too much traction. I prefer more uncertainty. 2. Not enough noise. I miss the cacophany of my WRX. 3. Needs a lumpier suspension. Is this thing a sports car, or what? Jeez... That's about it. :lol: Kevin

[list=1] [*]Hard to close glovebox. [*]Difficult to get the car into reverse. [*]Driver's side mirror makes a high pitched whistle above 40mph. [*]Flawed rain gutter design causes a "waterfall" into the car when the door is opened. [*]Narrow power band [*]Cheap leather [/list]3 & 4 are my biggest complaints. Regarding the power delivery, I just wish it had an extra 1000rpm of boost.

Hi, just got my LGT! I love the car, but like any car it has its share of little things that are missing. Here are the things that I would like to see: 1.) Auto up windows (driver and pass) - and faster windows would be nice, these things take their sweet time. 2.) More thigh support (on the bottom of the seat): I'm 6'0 with long legs. It's not uncomfortable, but more would be nice. 3.) More audio options like MP3 and/or XM. 4.) Steering wheel audio ctrl. Even the Mazda3 has this... These obviously weren't deal breakers for me, and I LOVE the car all the same. I used to benchmark competitive vehicles for a living, and the above features seem to come in most newly-developed cars in the $25-30k range. You can't beat the technology applied to the powertrain though! ;-)

[quote name='gtguy']Missing features: 1. A JATO to supplement the turbo. 2. A "home, Gives" option, when I'm tired and want to take a nap. The car can take me home. 3. Automatic double-pane windows for extra privacy. 4. Auto-park, so I can pull in front of a parallel spot, press the button and get out of the car. 5. Flame-thrower exhausts, because it looks really cool at night, and takes care of raccoon problems in your backyard. 6. One of those jumping things, like the Mach 5. Quirks: 1. Too much traction. I prefer more uncertainty. 2. Not enough noise. I miss the cacophany of my WRX. 3. Needs a lumpier suspension. Is this thing a sports car, or what? Jeez... That's about it. :lol: Kevin[/QUOTE] Thats exactly what I was thinkin. LMAO MIke...

[quote name='fan42025']Missing Features: 1. Full set of controls on the steering wheel (lighted) 2. Rain sensitive wipers 3. HID and LEDs all round 4. Reflectors on rear bumper bar 5. Telescopic steering wheel 6. Bluetooth ready 7. Distance sensors and reversing camera 8. Lighted sun/moonroof power and map light buttons 9. More colors to choose from (inside and out) 10. Choice of wheels 11. Rear vents for air con Quirks: 1. Creeky interior 2. Less leg room compared to other cars of similar size (front and rear) 3. Car's suspension too high - should be lowered about 2" 4. Door handles should be the pull out to open type (eg, BMW, Mitsubishi, Honda, etc.)[/QUOTE] FAN you need to spend ALOT more cash and go get a german something.....rain sensitive wipers....HA. Maybe if Subaru spent less money on things like safety and BOOST they could offer those PETTY things in exchange:)

[quote name='sduford']1. Lucky you. I guess you don't live in a cold climate. If you leave it on auto on a cold morning, it will cook you before it decides to settle down to the temperature you actually requested. [/quote] It *is* cold here now. What temp are you requesting???? On a cold day (of 35 degrees) i have my auto set at 68. Works wonderfully. I made the mistake of wanting it at 75+ etc.. and i was waaaay to hot. [quote name='sduford'] If you go manual or semi-auto, everytime you select a mode that includes the winshield vents, it switches the AC on, even if it's freezing outside! [/quote] Its common knowledge that warm air on cold windows causes condensation. The AC removes the moisture from the air. And as its been noted on the boards.. just because the compressor is running.. doesn't mean is blowing COLD. This also helps lubricate the compressor [quote name='sduford'] It's a well documented flaw, not just my personal opinion. [/quote] ... Not when you learn how to use it. I admit.. i thought this way until i sat down and learned it. [quote name='sduford'] 3.So that you can still move your windows up or down at the gas station, or close any window you might have forgotten to close before shutting down. A small but very common convenience on most cars of this class. [/quote] To each his own.. I just do a double check around to make sure everything is peachy... but.. if you are used to that feature.... [quote name='sduford'] 7. You mean for the double-click? Yes I;ve seen it and will try it, but when I pay this kind of money for a car, I shouldn't have to start splicing cables to make it work right. [/quote] No.. the addition of a paper clip section to the inside of the button on the remote. Makes you really need to press it. [quote name='sduford'] 8. Yes, I plan to do that next spring, the RE92s are not going back on for sure. [/quote] i have said it in the tire forum.. I don't know what you all are doing to these tires.. but I take som HARD turns VERY fast (more them i should be) and i have no problem with the grip on the tires. no squeal.. no sliding. My car is really hugging those turns.. I dunno.. but again.. to each his own... [quote name='sduford'] 10. I was not expecting a frugal car, but I was expecting it to consume less than my Highlander V6 Automatic. Even the non-turbo has poor fuel economy, all Subaru's do, and they did even before they all became AWD. Subaru can do better than that if they bring their engine technology into the 21st century. [/quote] My Subaru LGT 02 gave me much better mileage. Then again.. that was 85% highway, as opposed to 95% city i am doing now.

[quote name='05USdmGTgUy']FAN you need to spend ALOT more cash and go get a german something.....rain sensitive wipers....HA. Maybe if Subaru spent less money on things like safety and BOOST they could offer those PETTY things in exchange:)[/QUOTE] True, it would cost a fair bit more with those features but still a lot less than an M3 or even a fully optioned 330. More and more other cars at less cost than the GT are coming out with some of these features anyway. It won't be long before some if not of them will be standard in many cars of lesser caliber than the GT. I'm just making waves to make sure Subaru don't skimp so much they become boring and lose a great opportunity to gain even more market share with such a great car.

I would say HIDs are just a theft target (higher insurance rates), navigation is overpriced, 6-spd sounds sexy but is slower (every shift takes time on a road course). Check out the Legacy GT Limited if you are comparing to the A4 - great value and performance withh fewer repair headaches.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

[size=2]This is my first post because I feel that Subaru needs to address a few shortcomings if they ever expect to move into the "near luxury" market.[/size] [size=2]Please don't flame me for these thoughts. I bought my Legacy GT Limited wagon knowing the items weren't there, and I still love it, but it could be better. [/size] [size=2]I just got rid of a 2002 Acura TL type S (auto). The Acura is a great car and has a lot of the features I'm about to mention, but it is BORING to drive on a daily basis. The Legacy is exciting! I also had it narrowed down to the new Acura TL 6 speed and the Legacy GT Limited when I made the decision to buy the Legacy. There is not that much difference in List Price between the two, so here are my suggestions to Subaru:[/size] [size=2]1. Audio controls on the steering wheel, including the ability to change stations or tracks up and down.[/size] [size=2]2. Memory seats and outside mirrors.[/size] [size=2]3. Faster 1 touch up and down for both front windows.[/size] [size=2]4. 1 touch close (maybe double click) on sunroof. It takes three pushes now.[/size] [size=2]5. Better climate control. They could take a lesson from Acura here. Also the dual climate control should control both sides unless the passenger changes their control.[/size] [size=2]6. Auto lock feature on the remote. If a door isn't opened within 60 seconds, the car automatically relocks itself.[/size] [size=2]7. Either a taller 5th gear (manual) for cruising, or a 6 speed. The Acura was doing 2500 RPM at 90 MPH. I constantly got between 24-26 miles per gallon on trips at those speeds, and the noise level is much lower.[/size] [size=2]8. Last, and not as important, but a nice feature. The ability to open/close the windows or sunroof after the key is removed, but before a door is opened.[/size] [size=2]I understand these would raise the price some, but if I could have chosen the options, I would have paid more for them.[/size] [size=2]I do love the car, and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now, but if Subaru added those features, I would be sorely tempted to take the lose on my car and buy a new one.[/size]

[quote name='blackheart'][size=2]This is my first post because I feel that Subaru needs to address a few shortcomings if they ever expect to move into the "near luxury" market.[/size] [size=2]Please don't flame me for these thoughts. I bought my Legacy GT Limited wagon knowing the items weren't there, and I still love it, but it could be better. [/size] [size=2]I just got rid of a 2002 Acura TL type S (auto). The Acura is a great car and has a lot of the features I'm about to mention, but it is BORING to drive on a daily basis. The Legacy is exciting! I also had it narrowed down to the new Acura TL 6 speed and the Legacy GT Limited when I made the decision to buy the Legacy. There is not that much difference in List Price between the two, so here are my suggestions to Subaru:[/size] [size=2]1. Audio controls on the steering wheel, including the ability to change stations or tracks up and down.[/size] [size=2]2. Memory seats and outside mirrors.[/size] [size=2]3. Faster 1 touch up and down for both front windows.[/size] [size=2]4. 1 touch close (maybe double click) on sunroof. It takes three pushes now.[/size] [size=2]5. Better climate control. They could take a lesson from Acura here. Also the dual climate control should control both sides unless the passenger changes their control.[/size] [size=2]6. Auto lock feature on the remote. If a door isn't opened within 60 seconds, the car automatically relocks itself.[/size] [size=2]7. Either a taller 5th gear (manual) for cruising, or a 6 speed. The Acura was doing 2500 RPM at 90 MPH. I constantly got between 24-26 miles per gallon on trips at those speeds, and the noise level is much lower.[/size] [size=2]8. Last, and not as important, but a nice feature. The ability to open/close the windows or sunroof after the key is removed, but before a door is opened.[/size] [size=2]I understand these would raise the price some, but if I could have chosen the options, I would have paid more for them.[/size] [size=2]I do love the car, and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now, but if Subaru added those features, I would be sorely tempted to take the lose on my car and buy a new one.[/size][/QUOTE] All these are items should have come STANDARD on the Legacy.....any '95 Camry has these things.....Several months ago, I posted these things should come standard and several early posters on this board scoffed at these.....how funny now that there are more people on this board that EXPECT these simple things because they had cars in the past that had these. One poster even said that they never heard of one touch up drivers windows, and the reason that Subaru didn't include this was probably because of liability reasons....puleeeez I do agree...Subaru's auto climate system sucks.....our '01 Maxima's was rock solid...... And for those that have the auto transmission: HOW DUMB is putting shifting controls on both sides of the steering wheel and not include audio controls on at one side? Someone at Subaru was smoking crack when they designed the steering wheel.....

[quote name='blackheart'][size=2]This is my first post because I feel that Subaru needs to address a few shortcomings if they ever expect to move into the "near luxury" market.[/size] [size=2]Please don't flame me for these thoughts. I bought my Legacy GT Limited wagon knowing the items weren't there, and I still love it, but it could be better. [/size] [size=2]I just got rid of a 2002 Acura TL type S (auto). The Acura is a great car and has a lot of the features I'm about to mention, but it is BORING to drive on a daily basis. The Legacy is exciting! I also had it narrowed down to the new Acura TL 6 speed and the Legacy GT Limited when I made the decision to buy the Legacy. There is not that much difference in List Price between the two, so here are my suggestions to Subaru:[/size] [size=2]1. Audio controls on the steering wheel, including the ability to change stations or tracks up and down.[/size] [size=2]2. Memory seats and outside mirrors.[/size] [size=2]3. Faster 1 touch up and down for both front windows.[/size] [size=2]4. 1 touch close (maybe double click) on sunroof. It takes three pushes now.[/size] [size=2]5. Better climate control. They could take a lesson from Acura here. Also the dual climate control should control both sides unless the passenger changes their control.[/size] [size=2]6. Auto lock feature on the remote. If a door isn't opened within 60 seconds, the car automatically relocks itself.[/size] [size=2]7. Either a taller 5th gear (manual) for cruising, or a 6 speed. The Acura was doing 2500 RPM at 90 MPH. I constantly got between 24-26 miles per gallon on trips at those speeds, and the noise level is much lower.[/size] [size=2]8. Last, and not as important, but a nice feature. The ability to open/close the windows or sunroof after the key is removed, but before a door is opened.[/size] [size=2]I understand these would raise the price some, but if I could have chosen the options, I would have paid more for them.[/size] [size=2]I do love the car, and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now, but if Subaru added those features, I would be sorely tempted to take the lose on my car and buy a new one.[/size][/QUOTE] I agree with you on Acura TL, my wife drives a '05 Acura TL AT with navi, its a nice car with all the luxury perks that you would want, but with 270 hp against my GT wagon, the TL is not as fun to drive, you could feel a big difference, the GT has more torque even though the TL has 20 hp more than my wagon.

[quote name='blackheart'] [size=2]6. Auto lock feature on the remote. If a door isn't opened within 60 seconds, the car automatically relocks itself.[/size] [/QUOTE] That's odd, mine does that already. Haven't timed it but I think it's about 60 seconds. Should do the same with the boot - probably too much extra cost. Oh, another nice to have: Rather than having sun visors, how about the top part of the windscreen automatically darkens when hit by the sun ar the appropriate angle? Don't laugh, the technology is here - just needs refinement.

Archived