LegacyGT.com

08 Lgt

eddiemoney

So you all have finally convinced me, we are going to be ordering a 2008 Legacy GT with the auto in quartz silver. Still need to find which dealership will give the best price. . . .struggling with a fair price on the trade in, 2003 VW Passat 4 motion.

A couple questions:

1) Has anyone been able to get better tires from the dealer? I had these potenzas on my Scion tC and they were crap.

2) What about exhaust. . .. one of the first things I want to do is exhaust. Do 07 kits fit 08s?

3) What other early mods should i be looking at doing (don't forget its a daily highway commuter for the wife)

Thanks

Eddie

1. no everyone simly gets aftermarket tires after purchase. for better information ask around in the wheels and tires forum

2. yes, the powertrain in the 08 is identical to he 07, its just external cosmetic changes.

Still need to find which dealership will give the best price. . . .struggling with a fair price on the trade in, 2003 VW Passat 4 motion.

A couple questions:

1) Has anyone been able to get better tires from the dealer? I had these potenzas on my Scion tC and they were crap.

Hi Eddie,

I was a car salesman for a short time (Infiniti) and well, I'm not 100% at how it works at every make and dealership but it's virtually impossible to get new tires without having to pay for them somehow. As previously stated, just get aftermarket ones. However, I'd use the tires as a point of leverage to complain and bargain a better sale price on the new vehicle.

Speaking of trade-in. Some quick tips on car buying: 1) Bring up the trade last minute, they'll hate it. If you live near a few dealerships, get some competitive appraisals, that will be a big pain for them. 2) Negotiate the sale price of the new vehicle and the trade-in completely separate. That's why I say bring up the trade last minute, hell if they ask if you have a trade right off the bat... try to steer away from telling them you're definitely trading. Negotiate a great price on the new car first. Do your research... http://www.cars101.com will be able to tell you the invoice price on Subarus so you'll know how much profit the dealership is working with approximately.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks guys, ordered it last night.

31969 MSRP

17900 post trade

I got about 2K more than KBB on trade and about 1700 off the car.. . . .fair enough for an 08 in my mind.

As I already stated, about 1700 or so off the car. I ended up paying $200 over invoice.

Archived