LegacyGT.com

light bulb change help

legacyboy8929

If you bulb blew and you are under warranty they will replace it...if you are looking to get better bulbs search for "Daniel Stern"....you'll find info on replacement lows/highs and fogs. I highly recommend the HIR highs, lows are good but don't have the wow factor of the highs. Either way the lows are the ones behind the gray round plastic cover.

hey guys Im gonna change my head lights bulbs and I dont know which bulb is my main one. (there are two bulbs in that head light unit which one is which?) Thanks

I know it sounds like crazy talk, but you could always turn your headlights on and then get out of the car and take a look at which ones are lit up. Just be sure to make sure the car is out of gear (or not running) and set the parking break. Can't be too careful these days. :lol:

As for which bulb to buy, that information is probably in the owners manual, although I'm not certain about that. I just looked it up in the books hanging from the shelf by the lightbulbs in the auto parts store. I wanna say it's an 'H8' or something like that, but it's been a few months so I can't recall. With halogen bulbs you always want to be careful not to touch the new bulb with your greasy fingers - always handle them with a clean cloth. And be aware that you need to get the new bulb installed in the correct orientation; I somehow messed mine up the first time and had the polarity backwards and the new light was very dim.

And contrary to brother franklin's experience, I've had only one bulb go in 2.5 years / 42k miles.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived