LegacyGT.com

Cobb DP with stock exhaust

CypherMax

I currently have a k&n drop in filter with intake silencer delete with cobb stage 1. i want to go stage 2 soon and i was just wondering if anyone has a similar set up to me and has a cobb dp and stock cat back. if you do is there any increase in exhaust tone? I think ive heard the turbo spools a little louder but not sure. thanks in adance

Yes, stage II was louder with the stock CBE. Not so much exhaust noise, but turbo related... more air woosh. Certainly not intrusive, IMO. Many people are freaked out by the louder turbo noises and think they have leaks. Some do, but for the most part its just how the new set-up sounds.
ignore him, he'll go away.

thanx for the info. my turbo spooled a lot louder after i took out the intake silencer and put in the drop in filter. i cant imagine how loud it will be stage 2. i take it the BOV is louder too?

It probably won't be much louder if you already had the panel filter and silencer removed.

The BOV, assuming we're talking about the stock recirc, yes, that noise was a little more pronounced as well, but not nearly as much with my CAI.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I have UP, Cobb catted DP, stock exhaust. No noise issues at all in my opinion. Yes, you hear the turbo shwoosh a bit more (no biggie), but no issues on the tail pipe end--still very tame (e.g no one will notice). Definitely go Stage 2 as it will give you more power...don't expect it to give twice as much or anything...some think they'll take off at light speed when they go Stg 2.

I'm installing a Perrin mid and Y with stock cans in a month or so and will see what that does to sound. Then will add AVO cans to see what that's like.

Oh, if you haven't upgraded your brakes, do that too! At least some better pads. I'd personally say brake upgrade and at least a minor suspension upgrade balance the increased power.

Archived