LegacyGT.com

Bob Baker Subaru in El Cajon

I am completely pissed off by these guys. I post question how to deal with wrong ATF fluid added for my tranny a while back. I did 30K mile service at the dealership and they put wrong fluid. One member suggested me to contact SoA. I did and they recommended me to talk to Service Manager to redo the work.

Basically, they don't do flush and refill, which means my tranny will still have wrong ATF even after the service. They used Dextron III.

I went to Bob Baker Subaru today and talked to service advisor. He was not aware of my appointment. So I had to explain everything from bottom. He seems not happy with the story since I am pointing out their mistake. Anyway, just in case I brought ATF-HP since parts jerk said I can use Dextron III for my tranny and he doesn't seem to have one though service advisor said they have.

I came back to work and got a call from this service advisor. He said they don't have any ATF-HP from Idematsu. He called me to get a permission to use my fluid. I can't imagine Jiffy Lube without engine oil. Can you?

Now most of subaru vehicles need ATF-HP. When I discussed this issue with Service Manager over the phone, he insisted that Dextron III doesn't damage the tranny. It just has performance degradation. I am not sure. Then why warranty can be void?

Anyway, members, Be aware. Bob Baker Subaru in El Cajon doesn't know a thing. I have many incidents of bad experience with their service and this is the last one. period. I never go back for whatsoever reason.

dude,

tough break! that sux! i usually go to kearny mesa subaru. their service dept. are pretty friendly. i haven't had an issue with them yet.

now to your story... if i understand correctly they put dextron ]I[ in your machine? if so, and it supposedly has a 'degradation' in performance why did they put it in?!? that in itself should warrant the fix/flush.

fight! get your car done right!

late,

k

Archived