PerrinWrx04

salvator_rizzo <-- Canxed

Subiechk

antiJDM

Matrix021 +1

EQ Tuning

pj21086 +1

subby00

Sharky <--Gas is not that bad... and if this is not ever a valid reason to waste gas then I don't know what is!

microwave +1

scooby_snacks

John <-- not me, sam's friend

Meraje

Alex

grewal06

EZTurbo

motorpotor +1 or 2 <-- Please firm this up as soon as possable

Tueman23 +1 an 1/2

Trader54321

Trader54321's buddy <-- Please give me a first name and first letter of last name, thanks.

SickNic +1

maddhatteroo7

xen808

x002x +1 <-- Canxed

Ethos +1

Kostamojen

supermoose

Mark (04 fxt) <-- Canxed

flysti05

psoper <-- Stop whinning like a little girl and get the sand out of your gine... If any thing do the drive in the chill group.

grewal06

JDMGC8

Wayne

03_Impreza_Al

sauuce <-- Set two alarm clocks!!!!!

EdfromSF

SVXcellent

Whoopdeedoo!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***NOTE of IMPORTANCE***

1st Notice

I have been told that we may have to pay the park entry fee of $3 per car. Even I have to pay, kind of f'd up that I have to pay to go to my own BBq, anyway. There may be people working that little booth when you first come in to the park. If that is the case then you will have to pay it to come in. This is a different fee then the one for the food.

2nd Notice

I would like every one to bring one SubieSport. I believe yall are smart enough to guess why. If you don’t know what a SubieSport is go to your local Barnes and Noble and pick one up. You will love me for showing you the light.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who: Any one that loves Subaru’s

What: A get together for a big BBQ and a DRIVE

When: Sunday July 29th 2007 9:30 a.m. SHARP

Where: Pena Adobe / Lagoon Valley park in Vacaville

Why: I have finally figured it out! This is my last one!

How: It’s a you bring money, food is already there.

Let me splane. This is the... fifth? time for a BBQ at this place and it will be my LAST. It's not that I don't like you guys or that I have not had a fun time putting these on. I am getting out of active duty Air Force and going home to Ohio. I would hope that we get a good turn out. Also the drive has been made longer, but more on that later.

What I want to have happen is four or five people buy the food. We are talking simple stuff hotdogs/bratwurst, hamburgers, buns, charcoal, pop and ice that’s it. Also we will need someone to bring the coolers and grilling supplies, I have a set that I will bring, but from experience we need two. For everyone else it will be "like" a two dollar entry fee. That way, if the local people buy the food we can just get it the morning of and then have one "NON-SUBARU" car used as a storage car and leave it at the park with every thing in it. I will need to know who is planning on showing up so we know how much food to buy. I will keep a running list of who is doing what. Who ever helps with buying the food will be reimbursed with the "entry fee" money.

Here's how it’s going to work. We will drive and then go to the park and cook the food. We will need everyone that is going on the drive to show up at Lagoon Park at 0930 with the Aggressive group leaving at 1000. If you miss the group you wanted to drive with tuff kitty poo. You will have to go with one of the slower groups. The drive will take right around an 2 hours and 45min.

*gasp*

Yes you read it right. The drive is now a hour longer at LEAST. There is no shorter version any more. We will all run this new route.

We will have four groups; an aggressive group, two medium groups and a chill group. The aggressive group will be led by someone that has already driven the route and it will more likely be Adam or Allen. Depending on who lead's the aggressive group will dictate who will lead the other groups. I will be leading the chill group that is for sure. There will be two stops along the way to let the cars cool a little and for us to get out and stretch. There will be NO planned stop to get gas! So get it before you get to the park.

FYI, I will not be held responsible for any thing that may go wrong on this drive. If you go, you go knowing full well that some thing may go wrong. We will do everything with in our power to make sure some thing does not happen.

Here is the lovely map I made.

Green is the starting point.

Yellow is our first stop on this drive.

Pink our second stop.

Red is where the drive will end. Then back to the park, which is right up the road.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/Longdirvenewthingie.png

We will take 128 all the way to pope canyon rd. They intersect right at Lake Hennessey. From there it is north to Lake Berryessa and back down the west side of the lake. We will take 128 back to 121 and head back to our normal stopping point.

I will post this across a lot of forums like iwsti.com, i-club.com, clubwrx.net, rs25.com and nasioc.com. Everyone that wanted a Sunday meet is getting one and this is right in the middle of Sac and San Fran areas. And... AND... its now a longer drive witch every one was asking for! Let me know what you think.

Check the link for a map of the palce insert link here you will have to zoom out a little too. I realize that is to the saddle shop but you need to enter the park on the north side near the saddle shop. I could not get the entrance to come up on map quest

Here a description of the Park that I got from cityofvacaville.com

Lagoon Valley Park

Pena Adobe Road just off of Interstate 80

The 470 acre park includes the historic Pena Adobe home, barbecue areas, horseshoe pit, multi-purpose field, bike trails, a small pond, excellent hiking, Lagoon Valley Lake for fishing and non-motorized boating. The park also features a 30,000 square foot fenced in dog park complete with trees, water and trash receptacles.

Plenty of parking 300 spots, if I counted right.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/The%20parks/PICT0863.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/The%20parks/PICT0862.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/OrangeDot3083/The%20parks/PICT0866.jpg

Yes Roo, old ass pictures but they still work. lol

Update!

See Roo its pretty pink!

Thanks...I'll be sure to make it now!! :):)

She won't sabotage my car...the worst that'll happen is she loads the scrap disposal unit into it.

BTW, contact me about renting that good 'ol trailer BBQ thing so we don't have to wing it on the BBQ'ing of food. I can meet up early with you, got all the stuff I need to get a base pass, and able to trailer that bad boy up to the encampment.

Update!

There has been a two notice's added to the first post please check them if you are planning on coming to the meet, thank you. O and more people added.

Yeah that whole BBq thing is going to be a larg pain in my aruse. I am going to have to call you about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok wow... Hawaii was AWSOME, yes I am rubbing it in.

Ok so here is the update. Some more cars are added. If you are setting on the fince about this you need to show up. It is going to be a good time.

If you have any questions PLEASE ask! I don't want some one to be unsure about some thing.

Archived