LegacyGT.com

oem Sub with AM headunit... Confused...

I know I posted a stereo related thing on here already but this is different. I can't find this anywhere in the forums (surprisingly) and yes, I've done lots of searches returning VERY little information. According to crutchfield

I'll lose my stock sub by installing an Aftermarket headunit. Has anyone done this? Can you tell me if I need some sort of harness to hook the stock sub into the headunit? If so, where in the heck do I buy it?

I mean, eventually I will get AM subs but for now, I just want to use my stock one.

Yeah, I was going to do this, I was determined.

Then I realized it wouldn't be worth it, because the headunit would more than likely have more power than the stock deck, possibly causing the amp to blow, or making sound distorted, and sounding crappier than it really should. Because the oem amp/sub is designed to be used with the stock headunit only. Was never tested on anything else.

crap that kinda sucks... Well I guess I'm going to be saving up some money!

I just installed the headunit today I have to put some pics up because it came out so nice :)gfxdave99 what on earth is going on in your profile pic? That's so messed up it's funny!

crutchfield sent me an antenna adapter that plugs into my grounding wire so I only pick up one (really clear) station... Any ideas there? I suppose I'll just call them but you'd think it would be fine...

Archived