LegacyGT.com

how to change road & headlight bulbs?

meanrick69

[font=Arial][size=1]The book says how to do the low & high beams, but the road lights should be done at the dealer. Is it that hard? What do you have to move to get to the low beams? Seems kinda of a pain to get to them.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1]I just took the plastic off around the road light and i dond see anyway to change it from the front, (that would be to easy!) I guess all that plastic has to come off on the bottem to get to the bulb. Seems like a pain just to change a bulb![/size][/font]

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's really easy to remove the front bumper- about 13 plastic clips hold it on. I'm getting really good at it by now :lol: I put silver bulbs in my signals and there was no way my hand would fit in to twist the bulbs out- I took the bumper off and pulled the headlights- start to finish is about 25 minutes. I also had it off the other day to reattach a wire that had fallen off after putting new horns in. It's really very simple- use a plastic drop cloth to protect the bumper cover once its' off.

To replace the foglight bulbs you have to go under the car directly underneath the foglights. There will be 3 or 4 clips you have to take out and a 10mm bolt. Once you have the clips and bolt out pull the cover down and towards the tire. You will be able to see the foglights from here. there will be a black plastic dust cover on the back part of the lights which you have to twist counterclockwise to remove. Once you get the dust cover off the bulb is exposed. If you want to replace the park light/turn signal bulb this is the best time to do it just look straight up from where the cover is and you will see the bulb harness. The horn if you want to replace them are above the passenger side foglights. Hope this helps.

Archived