LegacyGT.com

Public Service Announcement for those running WI

fweasel

I enjoyed mine too. THat is good to know about the amount of WI since I will be doing that VERY soon :D

What tires were you running? How did the new brakes do?

tires, yours, F1's. New pads did good, better than stock. Glad I changed them and the fluid because they took a beating trying to keep up with all of the exige and elise running around.

ignore him, he'll go away.

2 gal. in 65 miles i haven't used 2 gallons yet :lol: we need more details of your track day. it was a track day wasn't it? :confused::lol: Joliet? bosco

Yeah, right near you at Autobahn. It was a good time and I'm considering going to the one AMS is doing there on July 2nd. Sways are a must have, I felt like I was in an SUV compared the the lotus lapping in front of me. They went through the turns dead flat like a sheet of plywood... stock! I'll have a set installed before I go back. The front tires took a lickin' as well. Car was understeering quite a bit and hopefully that balance issue can be tune before next time.

^ OT, but Cobb Sways and Swifts, my friend. It reduced my power understeer amazingly out of corners. The car corners quite flat (side to side and front to rear), so you aren't getting so much camber change at the weight transfers outside and rearward. Tires are much happier now. So is the driver.

Just be a little careful about drop throttle oversteer. The rear pitches out nicely if you lift off abruptly in an autocross, which is fine going less than 60 with a wide open track. Maybe not so nice on a roadcourse if you do it out of panic. When I finally get to a roadcourse, I'll keep my rear sway on the soft setting, just to be safe.

Just be a little careful about drop throttle oversteer. The rear pitches out nicely if you lift off abruptly in an autocross, which is fine going less than 60 with a wide open track. Maybe not so nice on a roadcourse if you do it out of panic. When I finally get to a roadcourse, I'll keep my sways on the soft setting, just to be safe.

is this the same as "trailing throttle" oversteer? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

SubieSport had an article about a nice little STi that rolled his car when he lifted off the throttle (at SubieFest, I think). The car started to spin, dug in the dirt, and rolled. Car totaled but driver ok. I thought, geez, how ham handed do you have to be to do that? Apparently about as ham handed as me. I did it on the autox course between 5000 and 6000 rpm in 2nd gear, and it was nicely controllable. Perhaps not so much at 100 mph!

my buddy took a few pics with his SLR while I was on track. This is the only one he's sent thus far, but I thought it looked pretty cool.

http://www.photodump.org/stored15/LGTtrack.jpg

Archived