LegacyGT.com

Reflash,maps and logging

Diggs753

looking into the possibility that the Toyota "tough book" we have the dealership is able to accept the 1.3 software and if it is .I hope fully can use it to reflash my ECU.It has and OBD2 cable and I know it has built in CAN module and should be comaptible.I was hoping the there are some maps out there that are suitible.This might be a way for me to avoid spending a couple hundred dollars.I'm getting tired of spending all my money on home renovations and NOT horsepower.

thanks

Try to pull the rom. You'll need to connect the diagnostic connectors by the passenger feet.

Once you've pulled the ROM, you'll need to have someone disassemble it. merchgod is the one who disassembles most of the roms. You can post the rom on enginuity.org website and he will get to it when he has time.

However, I would not try to flash the ROM back.

BTW, I am very pessimistic and don't believe you'll be able to pull the ROM without the passkeys.

Ahh..didnt think about the fact 1.3 will only work with a tactrix cable.If i get a cable do I need the diag connectors?The 2 they sell with the cable.And what do you mean about pass keys?Has anyone sucessfully witten a new map for an 07 LGT or OBXT 5EAT...?I'm getting really impatient with the rate of progress on the 07's cause basically stock ...I'm not impressed with its drivability,throttle and TCM response.Sad thing is I have the money,I'm just not able to perform the first essential mod.running out of patience.Helpme before I buy a Prius.

yeah yeah.Well, what will work besides me sitting on the porch and watching everyone else having fun?What cable do I need?!?!?!?What Software do I need??!???Anyone know how to just say "you need this p/n blah blah blah.and this p/n blah blah blan.and this guy can do it."Thats what I want to here.That or Cobb AP is finally ready!

Archived