LegacyGT.com

"06 3.0R H6 Oil Capacity

I have been searching and reading, but have been unable to find an answer to this question. I just did an oil change on my 06 3.0R OB. I have done dozens of oil changes since about 1970 and have always followed the recommended capacity guidelines. When I changed my oil and filter (factory filter), I put 5.8 quarts of Mobil 1 back in. Per the manual intructions I checked the dipstick and voila, it did not register up to the "L". Called my mechanic bro-in-law, he said "use the dipstick to measure, and top it off". I had my mechanic neighbor come over to certify my sanity, and after putting a total of 7 quarts the dipstick read full. Mind you, I briefly ran the engine to circulate the oil each time I added more. After searching the web, the best I could come up with is that the '06 Tribeca (H6), has an oil capacity of 7.6 quarts. So my question is, "does anyone know the oil capacity of an '06 3.0R OB"?

Same question sent to Subaru. Their response:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your message. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate that you brought this concern (wrong oil capacity in manual) to our attention. Your message will be documented in our Customer/Dealer Services database, so that it is properly reviewed by the appropriate departments.

When replacing just the engine oil, the capacity is 5.8 US quarts. When replacing the engine oil and filter, the oil capacity is 6.9 US quarts.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future assistance, please feel free to contact us again.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Archived