LegacyGT.com

Rusty discs...

oxide

Is it normal to have really rusty discs?

We were hit by a cyclone and I guess the rain water caused it, but I can literally hear the roughness on the discs when braking.

Please have a look at the pic below to see if it is normal to have that much rust.

IMG_1290.jpg.9bfc48e6321b6f850721ec8ac13192a1.jpg

Thanks for that. The fronts have almost totally be wiped clean. Although I think some contamination has cause grooves to appear. The last time I tried to check if they were just marks or deep groves I burnt my fingers. Will confirm later.

Rears are still quite rusty.

going in reverse + brakes might help the rears a bit, but i think its totally normal. i mean, exposed steel + water = rust, but its only on the surface, it goes away after a few moments of braking.

i think the manual even says something about hitting your brakes a few times if driving through a rainstorm to stave off the rust.

Wow...I didn't go through all the pics but it looks like one hell of a storm. If I were you I wouldn't be so concerned about your rotors sinc you car could have been like this:http://www.oxidesigns.com/gonu/gonu2/IMG_1324.jpg

Yeah, here in Florida I get his every day...just have to be gentle with the first few miles, then it's back to normal

And by the way, all I really heard on the news here about the Cyclone was that it was an unusual amount of rain. Had no idea about the power of that storm!

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

yeah, was a Category 2 storm when i looked at it. how you like living in key largo?

my dad and my grandparents live in marathon (commercial fishing)

meh...not a big fan of Florida in general. It's nice in the winter when it's snowing up north and 70* and sunny here, but it's hell in the summer. 95*, 99% humidity, and mosquitos big enough to carry you away! I know, I know...I sound like one of those Florida Tourism Board commercials...

lol, yeah.... i'm not much for the heat/humidity, but i do like the fishing and diving down there. and the mosquitos arent half as big as the bloodsucking monsters out in the pacific NW! those mosquitos are the size of hummingbirds

lol, yeah.... i'm not much for the heat/humidity, but i do like the fishing and diving down there. and the mosquitos arent half as big as the bloodsucking monsters out in the pacific NW! those mosquitos are the size of hummingbirds

I much prefer your part of the world...looking to move to Asheville if a new job comes through...

Cool, thanks for the answers.

Although that happened in one day. LOL. Was driving it, no rust. Storm comes, next day it's rusty like that. I guess it was already partially there and just waiting to build up like that.

48C is 118F

Well... that's about normal for this time of the year. We regularly go past 50C in July which is out peak but they are never officially recorded that high. I don't know why. Maybe they don't want to scare people off?

Archived