LegacyGT.com

Need help with powered sub install

tnice17

i just ordered the new kenwood 6-1/2 powered sub to fit under the seat in my 2000 legacy GT limited. i havent goten it yet but i wanna know what im doing before i install it. i know i need to run the power to the battery witch isnt a problem but im stuck on where i would get the sound from. i dont think the stock sub cable would fit in the kenwood sub. where would i get the sound from? can u guys help me out this instill?

If there was a factory powered sub, then everything you need should be under the seat.

HOWEVER, If you aren't sure of the state of the signal that was sent to the factory sub (i.e. x-overed, voltage, etc), then you should definately use a LOC (Line Out Converter). Better safe than sorry :).

Its a simple device that costs $20.00. You tap it (behind the radio) into two of the four speaker wire pairs (rears). The other end goes to the sub via RCA cables.

It's not a hard process and it assures a clean signal. There are plenty of threads here on the subject, use the search feature ;).

Archived