LegacyGT.com

Help with my dilemma , need to figure out by Monday

MSPRO

I'm going crazy. Guy with the wagon I was planning on buying hasnt called and hasn't responded to my PM since last night. He said he left his phone at work, and would call me today but hasn't, also hasn't logged onto the forums today. He has been kind of hard to get ahold of and usually responds in a day or two, but I'm running out of time really.

I have called all over the country today looking for a LGT 5MT Wagon, calling hundreds to over a thousand miles away.I found one I really like in Florida but its about $500 more than my price range Boo. There was one in Georgia but it was sold like 5 mins b4 I called

and there aren't really any other 5MT's out there that aren't like 2-4k more than I want to spend.

If I dont get the blue 5MT would it be so horrible to get the Auto Silver LGT Wagon a hour away ? Is the upgrade to a GT worth getting an Auto GT or should I stay with the 5MT n/a? I drove it from Lexington back to my house and back to Lexington which was about 160 miles and it seemed A-OK, only has 19k miles, and the auto wasnt that bad. Still a hell of a lot faster than my car.

What do you guys/girls think? Stay with 5MT N/a or get the AUTO LGT Wagon if the deal falls through for the 5MT wagon? I only have till tuesday for the AUTO wagon b.c it goes to auction on Wed Morning so I need to figure this out ASAP. http://www.centralohiosubarus.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/g.gifhttp://www.centralohiosubarus.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/doh.gif

Cliffnotes: O5 5MT LGT Wagon 29k miles. Guy is hard to get ahold of and hasnt responded today OR 05 5EAT LGT Wagon 19k miles at a dealership but is going to auction on Wed morning? OR Keep the 06 5MT N/a with 20k miles ?

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Personally, I feel that when purchasing an item of this magnitude that you need to feel the "warm fuzzies". If a seller is being that difficult to deal with then you might want to look elsewhere. On the other hand, I do realize that things come up in life that take priority and that could be why he/she might not be too responsive as of now.

As far as the 5eat is concerned, I do not regret my purchase. My vehicle was acquired in 09/2005 and my fondness for it has grown day by day and is quite frankly the best auto that I have ever driven. Unfortunately, my view is slightly skewed as I haven't driven a 5mt LGT despite the fact that my brother inlaw has one.

If you can swing it, and if it isn't going to put you and your family (assuming you're married, etc.) upside down financially - upgrade to the LGT and strive to purchase exactly what you want. If it's a 5mt that you seek, then sit tight. On the other hand, if you're kosher with a 5eat then go ahead and rock it. Don't get me wrong, the 2.5i is no slouch (I've driven them as rental cars on travel) but the LGT just "does it for me". There's that old adage, "pay once, cry once".

i barely know how to drive manual but everyone says a manual is way beter.... i just dont know how the timing is on the tiptronic, if its great then get it... i just dont like when you flore an auto car and it takes hella days to shift when it hits the rev limit

If you can swing it, and if it isn't going to put you and your family (assuming you're married, etc.) upside down financially - upgrade to the LGT and strive to purchase exactly what you want. .

Oddly enough the 5EAT with 10k less miles is also cheaper and about 100 miles closer. I drove it for about 3 hours and honestly didnt mind the auto at all. I think I might do i if I dont hear from the other guy today, but I might just sit tight as well. Ah lol

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

OK I'm not getting a good feeling from the seller of the ABP wagon so I just put a deposit on a an 05 5MT OBP LGT LTD Wagon in Va. I might leave tmw to go pick it up. It has a little more miles than I wanted with 40k, but it is a LTD for the same price as the non-LTD which is ok I guess

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Warm fuzzies are a necessity!!! :lol: Everytime I see my GRP GT LT I get them. :wub:

Yes, I really didnt mind the auto like I said, But a 5MT makes me Randy hahahaha. So we just spent the entire day putting my car back to stock. Suspension, lip, grille, headlights, HID,exhaust, audio and short shifter. I am sore and its time for bed. As of now I am thinking about going tmw to pick up the car on Tuesday. It is 525 miles from me and about an 8 hour drive YAy lol

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Yes, I really didnt mind the auto like I said, But a 5MT makes me Randy hahahaha. So we just spent the entire day putting my car back to stock. Suspension, lip, grille, headlights, HID,exhaust, audio and short shifter. I am sore and its time for bed. As of now I am thinking about going tmw to pick up the car on Tuesday. It is 525 miles from me and about an 8 hour drive YAy lol

And you are on your way back tonight, and I will see the OBP LGT Wagon for the first time in person. It should be cool. So, do you want to swap the wheels when we get home? I would probably ask this when I see you tonight first anyway...:wub:

Archived