LegacyGT.com

enginuity logs

unstablementaly

ok, what did i miss? i'm having problems viewing my logs. they are in .XML format but excel doesn't recognize them nor create anything when i try to open them. enginuity site is of absolutely no help here. and obviously no one else has had this problem 'cause a search here turned up NADA!!!

you can all call me a jackass AFTER you've pointed me in the right direction! thanks

You might have a setting wrong or you're looking at the wrong file.

Post the .xml file that you believe is the log. Rename the extension to .pdf so that the forum filter will allow you to post it.

Open it using notepad and take a look at it. Enginuity is written in Java so all the defs are in xml.

ok, tried a few new runs. if there's an interest i'll post em. but too much traffic is killing my ability for some solid pulls in third. highways are clogged. long straight semi-main roads are busy too. maybe i'll do some more tomorrow with a passenger to hit the defrost button! i'd post my first logs but i didn't have manifold pressure logged. kinda pointless for a turbo'd car!

Also, don't worry about datalogging extra time. Just set the defrost to on and then filter the data afterwards in EXCEL.

Yep, just look for when your TPS gets pegged full throttle and the RPMS start to climb. Also, you can freeze the forst row of column titles so as you scroll down through the data, you can see the title of each column.

ignore him, he'll go away.

well, heres a couple of logs. some pointers on what to really log would be nice.

1st log is 1st thru 4th. didn't launch the car as i wanted a low rpm climb thru.

2nd is highway cruise in 5th.

http://putstuff.putfile.com/85011/7092881

http://putstuff.putfile.com/85012/7062412

sorry, i know this way is a pain in the ass for posting but when i change the file extension it says invalid upload for this site. this is the only way i can get around it for now. changing the extension on here doesn't upload the proper file for me. any pointers otherwise?

You're datalogging too many parameters for your wot runs.

Your wot run should be in 3rd gear from 2000 rpm (or less) to redline.

Did you get a protune for your intake?

I'm concerned about your afr learning in the highest range. That affects OL fueling.

The tuner can calibrate the maf table for maf > 60 g/s using a dyno and a wb o2 sensor. However, if they don't scale the maf table between 40 and 65 g/s accurately, it will throw it all off several weeks after the tune. This is one of the reasons you have to datalog. I've seen this occur on several datalogs.

In your case, the ecu is running 5.5% leaner.

Oh. Then it's probably just the fuel and so the LTFT is doing its job.

The problem I was referring to is only applicable if the MAF table has been messed with and so the LTFT and OL fueling would have to be matched.

BTW, your vB Garage states you installed a Perrin short ram intake.

Archived