LegacyGT.com

Australia has another F1 Driver

agctr

[COLOR=Red]Good News just in this morning, [B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Ryan Briscoe [/COLOR] [/B] the current Toyota Test F1 Driver has signed a new contract with [COLOR=Yellow][B]Jordan[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=Black]Racing[/COLOR][/B] for next season as their No.2 Driver. Its not confirmed if Ryan is on loan to Jordan from Toyota but its great to see another talent coming forward in the World of F1 Racing. Adam.[/COLOR]

Correct as Jordan was told by FORD only a few weeks ago they could only supply this years engines with no futher upgrades but at twice the price. EJ had to go on the hunt and good to see Toyota came to him with more than just an Engine deal. At least Ryan will know how not to blow up the engines. Great choice EJ. Adam.

Adam... when you said "another" I thought you meant "new." Ryan was a tester, so I wouldn't consider him new. But... semantics. You said it right, I interpreted it wrong. ;) But is racing for Jordan a promotion?? :D Anyway, if I remember correctly, he went pretty well in some Friday sessions after they canned Da Matta. Actually, I wonder if he was part of the deal that allowed Jordan to use customer Toyota engines. Seems likely. The interesting part will be who owns Jordan, as there are tons of rumors about them being up for sale too (Chinese consortium was one I saw on Autosport or Planet F1 or somewhere...)

Well the news from the Jordan camp only a few weeks ago was that the Russian's were serioulsy looking at either buying a chunk of Jordan Racing OR the whole deal, but yes have also heard that a Chinese companies is looking at a similar deal but thats all I know. Regarding Ryan, information I have heard that the deal is done but Im sure there would also be a few loose ends to tie up. Yes Ryan isn't new but would'nt consider him as a part of the F1 Paddock until he has a fulltime seat. Im sure if he goes to Jordan, he will do Australia proud. Adam.

Archived