LegacyGT.com

Where to tap power for IGN ON!

RobY

My Defi Gauges should be here in a few days and I am pondering the install... I need to find a wire that goes LIVE only in the ON position of the keyswitch so that my gauge cluster and the defi gauges will sweep at the same time or semi the same time. Also for those who have removed the center "empty box" above the clock how do I do this without damaging it?

Actually, you want a wire that is on in the ON position AND the START position. Most items are temporarily off while starting. I don't have my service manual with me. perhaps someone else can help. FWIW, I think my V1 is connected that way. I used a wire coming out of the back of the fuse block and it was blue with a stripe of some sort IIRC. Removing the vent/cubby area is really simple. Wrap a rag around a small screwdriver and pry at the bottom or top gently. It can even be pulled out by hand once you know how to do it.

All of your sources are availible in the cubby area. YOu can tap off of the harness for the computer where the clock is and you can get power and ground off of the harness for the light as well. I didnt do the wiring for mine so I dont recall exactly what wires you will need but they are all right there. -Matt

Archived