LegacyGT.com

Routing Boost Gauge Line

chrisfoot

Have been reading the posts on boost gauge installation. Trying to figure out the best way to route the hose from the T fitting in the engine compartment through the firewall. Not a whole lot of choices. Saw how one was routed behind glove box and under the dash. The gauge was the one fitted into the center compartment on the upper dash. Is there a better way if I want to route it to the drivers side dash on the corner? I'd like to tuck it in there if I could. Second choice would be mounted on the steering column. I guess the steering column mount could use the behind the glove box route, but what about the dash mounting? Any neat routing option on the driver's side that I am missing? I am trying to tear as little of the dash up as possible. If I do the behind the glove box route does the box HAVE to come out or can I try fishing it around??? I'll power the gauge from the fuse box using the "add a line" fuse that was discussed in the Power the Radar Detector threads.

[quote name='powbmps']I ran it through an unused grommet in the driver side footwell. It goes into the wheelwell and back into the engine compartment. If you want to see some pictures search for the thread titled "check out this boost gauge". Chris S.[/QUOTE] Ditto...easiest and most direct route.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I'll be doing the install soon. So, it looks like the battery comes out to route the tube through. Does the plastic fender covering have to come out to complete the routing? Last question. Does the drivers side kick panel have to come off too? It looks like it has one of those little plastic plugs that always get destroyed on removal. Thanks for your help.

[quote name='chrisfoot']I'll be doing the install soon. So, it looks like the battery comes out to route the tube through. Does the plastic fender covering have to come out to complete the routing? Last question. Does the drivers side kick panel have to come off too? It looks like it has one of those little plastic plugs that always get destroyed on removal. Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]After popping the side parts of the kick panel off just rotate the panel around leaving the "plug" still in place and u wont ruin it... Now im gonna have to find a different place to run my boost line cause my stereo power wire goes through there:rolleyes:

[quote name='chrisfoot']Do you have to dismantle the inside of the fender to route the tube? Thanks![/QUOTE]I think there is six (maybe more ma;ybe less) popit screws that you take out then just pull the inner fender down and look up inside it and you'll see the wires going into the car search for "unused grommet" and you should find better instructions for this:)

Archived