LegacyGT.com

H3 Gold fogs

fatbastard

Well I finally got my gold H3 bulbs from Daniel Stern installed. Pretty straight forward except for the fact my shroud doesn't seem to match the vacation pics. Can't tell if they are any brighter, honestly I don't think they were supposed to be, just a nice yellow color. They are defiantely very yellow but since it is so bright out it doesn't really show up very well. I'll have to snap a few pictures later tonight.

Can't really seem to get a pic that shows the color of the bulbs but you can see in this pic the yellow light directly in front of the car. But what has me confused is why one side is noticably brighter (more light ouput) than the other side. Could it be they need to be aimed? I looked through the vacation pics and didn't see anything on it. The drivers side has significantly more yellow light, you can even make it out in the picture. But if you look a the fogs they both seem equally bright..has anyone seen anything like this before?

Img_0570small.jpg.e9816251a67df7d4b400c816fe06f4c2.jpg

I just took a couple more shots, still can't seem to capture the color but the light output difference is even more apparent than the previous pic. Any ideas? I am just about 100% sure the bulbs are in right as they were keyed but I guess anything is possible. Maybe tomorrow night I will disconnect my lows and see where the light is actually going.

Img_0571small.jpg.2b9036cd27d5d496125e425bbc13024b.jpg

Img_0573small.jpg.135b277969cb92c622f5732cfd7fd827.jpg

the bulb is mis-mounted inside the projector... make sure you have it flush and mounted inside correctly.

I gurantee you 100% that its mismounted.

Let us know... :D

Sort of right....the passenger side was fine it was the drivers side that was slightly tweaked. I had done the passenger side first and saw that it was seated right but figured anything was possible. But it checked out fine. Well since I was more comfortable after doing one I did the drivers side by feel, when I tried to twist the bulb to make sure it was in the key slot it didn't move. Well apparently that is because the top was in but the bottom wasn't so that cocked the bulb down causing all the light to be focused right in front. Now that the bulb is seated both bulbs appear to have the same output.

OK...I did this ghetto style. I ended up pulling the connector to the low beams so I could get a pic of just the fogs. I actually drove through the neighborhood with just the fogs, they are much yellower than they appear in the picture below. But I drove over to a darker area so that I could better isolate the beam patterns. Since this was so easy to do I may go find a long dirt road somewhere so I can get pictures of the throw as well. But the first pic is the fogs only, then fogs and 65W H7 lows, then lows and HIR highs. Oh and all the pics were done in manual mode so the settings should be the same between all of them.

Img_0576small.thumb.jpg.1ce0a841f5b94fdae3ac5e129fa176a1.jpg

Img_0577small.thumb.jpg.47f0c6c027f685a7e7f864c28ab722cf.jpg

Img_0578small.thumb.jpg.a73b35baad7af1e17060ee5e416409b6.jpg

OK, granted these are HID fogs but why does teh pattern seem so much different than mine? I would expect more light from the HIDs but the difference is huge

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7153/2hn3.jpg

OK, granted these are HID fogs but why does teh pattern seem so much different than mine? I would expect more light from the HIDs but the difference is huge

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7153/2hn3.jpg

mini is right, hid fogs will bighten it up a lot, pattern looks the same tho

which reminds me, i gotta get my replacements

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I need to find a HID designed replacement that will fit behind the fog cover's

eh i wouldnt worry about it...you dont really need an extrememly sharp cutoff for just the fogs

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived